Summer is synonymous with backyard gatherings, which means spending quality time outdoors and basking in the sun with friends and family while sipping on refreshing Collagen Water™. What could be better?
As we prepare to attend (or host!) another summertime BBQ, we’re also attempting to find the perfect dish that will undoubtedly wow fellow guests. Enter: this healthy Strawberry Spinach Salad, which pairs perfectly with our homemade collagen-infused dressing.
It’s an easy-to-make, seasonal salad that requires four ingredients, including sweet strawberries, the star of the dish. To offset the sweetness of the berries, we paired this salad with a slightly-tangy dressing, which can also be used to top off grilled chicken and salmon. This nutrient-dense dressing calls for six ingredients, including a fermented food (sauerkraut brine!), olive oil and avocado (for a creamy consistency), among others. The flavors not only come together in harmony, but also unofficially snag an A+ rating due to the addition of Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides.
RELATED:This Creamy Potato Salad Is the Ultimate Side Dish
Why should you add collagen? Our Collagen Peptides is flavorless, odorless and easily soluble in hot and cold liquids, making it a super versatile recipe staple. Plus, it helps to support healthy hair, skin, nails and joints.**
Hello, new favorite ingredient!
Strawberry Spinach Salad
Yields 2 servings of salad and collagen dressing
For the salad:
- 4 large handfuls of spinach
- ½ C strawberries, sliced lengthwise
- ½ C cucumber, thinly sliced
- 2 T dill, finely chopped
For the dressing:
- 1 scoop Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides
- ½ ripe avocado
- 1-2 T extra virgin olive oil
- 1 T lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 T sauerkraut brine
- First, wash your spinach and cucumber. Then in a large salad bowl, combine your spinach, strawberries, cucumber and finely chopped dill.
- To make the dressing, add the Collagen Peptides, avocado, olive oil, sauerkraut brine, and salt and pepper in a high-speed blender and blend until a creamy consistency is achieved. You may need to add a tablespoon of water for an extra creamy dressing.
- You can make the collagen salad dressing ahead of time and will last in the fridge for approximately 3-4 days.