Summer is synonymous with backyard gatherings, which means spending quality time outdoors and basking in the sun with friends and family while sipping on refreshing Collagen Water™. What could be better?
As we prepare to attend (or host!) another summertime BBQ, we’re also attempting to find the perfect dish that will undoubtedly wow fellow guests. Enter: this healthy Strawberry Spinach Salad, which pairs perfectly with our homemade collagen-infused dressing.
It’s an easy-to-make, seasonal salad that requires four ingredients, including sweet strawberries, the star of the dish. To offset the sweetness of the berries, we paired this salad with a slightly-tangy dressing, which can also be used to top off grilled chicken and salmon. This nutrient-dense dressing calls for six ingredients, including a fermented food (sauerkraut brine!), olive oil and avocado (for a creamy consistency), among others. The flavors not only come together in harmony, but also unofficially snag an A+ rating due to the addition of Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides.
Why should you add collagen? Our Collagen Peptides is flavorless, odorless and easily soluble in hot and cold liquids, making it a super versatile recipe staple. Plus, it helps to support healthy hair, skin, nails and joints.**
Hello, new favorite ingredient!
Strawberry Spinach Salad
Yields 2 servings of salad and collagen dressing
For the salad:
- 4 large handfuls of spinach
- ½ C strawberries, sliced lengthwise
- ½ C cucumber, thinly sliced
- 2 T dill, finely chopped
For the dressing:
- 1 scoop Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides
- ½ ripe avocado
- 1-2 T extra virgin olive oil
- 1 T lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 T sauerkraut brine
- First, wash your spinach and cucumber. Then in a large salad bowl, combine your spinach, strawberries, cucumber and finely chopped dill.
- To make the dressing, add the Collagen Peptides, avocado, olive oil, sauerkraut brine, and salt and pepper in a high-speed blender and blend until a creamy consistency is achieved. You may need to add a tablespoon of water for an extra creamy dressing.
- You can make the collagen salad dressing ahead of time and will last in the fridge for approximately 3-4 days.