This Berry Ginger Smoothie Bowl is this summer’s greatest morning treat. It is made with fruit, veggies, creamy almond butter and Vital Proteins Marine Collagen. One of my favorites, this smoothie bowl is refreshing and loaded with all the nutritious ingredients you need to start your day off on the right foot.
My breakfast smoothie has all the essentials to fill up your morning. Even better? It's so easy to make and enjoy on the go. Since all you need to do is throw all the ingredients in a blender, this collagen-infused smoothie bowl can be made in under 5 minutes. Just add toppings and enjoy!
As you can tell from the name, antioxidant-rich berries and powerhouse ginger are the major standouts in this collagen recipe. I also added in cauliflower, which was steamed then frozen, making it easier to digest. I also poured in homemade, dairy-free milk aka cashew milk. It is not only super easy to make, but it also has no filler ingredients despite being deliciously creamy.
Why I Use Marine Collagen
There are so many reasons why I love incorporating Marine Collagen in recipes. It is soluble in hot and cold liquids and helps to support healthy hair, skin, nails and joints. I love adding it to my coffee, weekend pancakes or smoothies like this one.
Even better, Vital Proteins Marine Collagen – which is sourced from wild-caught white fish – doesn’t change the texture or taste. So, it’s basically like sneaking in the extra nutrients in recipes.
My Tips on Making a Healthy Breakfast Smoothie
A few main ingredients to make a healthy breakfast smoothie:
- To begin with, vegetables: I usually choose steamed then frozen veggies. They are easier to digest.
- Fruit: Fresh or frozen fruit of your choice!
- Dairy-free milk: I am not lactose intolerant, but too much dairy does make me feel bloated. Therefore, I love using my homemade cashew milk.
- Toppings: You need that cherry on top. A smoothie bowl isn’t complete without some crunchy toppings. But this is also important to consider: You do NOT want to overpack your smoothie. I know I talked a lot about how to pack it all in one bowl, but trust me: You don’t want to overdo it. Not all the ingredients work well together in terms of health benefits and flavor profile.
Berry Ginger Smoothie Bowl Recipe
Yields 1 Bowl
- 1 C frozen cauliflower florets
- ½ frozen banana
- ½ C assorted berries (fresh or frozen)
- 1 T almond butter
- 1-inch fresh ginger
- 1/3 C nut milk
- 2 scoops Vital Proteins Marine Collagen
- Coconut flakes
- Cacao nibs
- More fresh or frozen berries
- Almond butter
- Place all ingredients in your food processor or blender until smooth, creamy and well combined.
- Start on low speed and gradually work your way up to high speed. This will make the smoothie creamy and thick.
- Pour into a bowl and add your toppings of choice. Enjoy!