Summer calls for all the fruit you can get your hands on at the farmers market! The following recipe was made for those who share that same belief – and boy, did they really luck out. This fruity blueberry waffle stack will keep you coming back for more and may even become your new breakfast staple. (Yep, they’re that good!)
The ingredients included in this recipe are super healthy and easy to gather – mainly because most (if not all of them) are already in your kitchen. The blueberries and banana bring the wholesome, naturally sweet flavor, while the egg and Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides pack on the protein and provide the added wellness benefits.
Why add collagen? At a certain age, our body’s natural collagen production begins to decline. This is why we recommend regularly using our hydrolyzed Collagen Peptides. The OG product helps to support healthy hair, skin, nails and joints. Our Collagen Peptides are flavorless, odorless and easily soluble in hot and cold liquids. Plus, they’re super versatile and easy to work with when cooking up a storm in the kitchen. Simply add a scoop or two of the collagen powder to your batter, smoothie, oatmeal– anything, you name it! – and enjoy your final product. For today, we did just that with these blueberry waffles.
Get the full collagen recipe here.
Yields 3 blueberry waffles
- 1 banana
- 1 egg
- 1/4 C oat flour
- 2 scoops Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides
- 2 t baking powder
- 1 t vanilla
- 1 dash of salt
- 1/4 C blueberries
- Maple syrup
- Jam of choice
- Mash the banana in a mixing bowl using a whisk or fork.
- Add remaining wet ingredients to the bowl and mix.
- Once wet ingredients are well combined, add the dry ingredients (excluding the blueberries).
- Once all main ingredients are well combined, fold in the blueberries. Work carefully as you don’t want to mash the blueberries into the batter.
- Once the batter is ready, heat up your waffle maker.
- Grease the pan with some coconut oil or any oil of choice.
- Using ¼ of a measuring cup, scoop batter into the waffle maker and let it cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Once cooked through (should only be 30-60 seconds on the last side), transfer to a plate to serve.
- Once the pan is clear, repeat steps 7-9 until the batter is gone. Enjoy with your toppings of choice!