When it comes to cooking, I love to keep things simple by using real, whole foods that help cut down on meal prepping. That’s exactly why this Taco Salad Bowl recipe is one of my favorites. I love making extra portions of it, so I can enjoy the smorgasbord of flavors all week long. This recipe is a great option for those who love to meal prep since the ingredients that are used can easily be stored in the fridge – and hey, if you get bored of Taco Bowls, you can always use them in other staple dishes!
These Taco Bowls would be a hit at any potluck or party, as you can easily arrange a taco bowl bar for guests to create their own culinary masterpiece.
The best part about this Taco Salad Bowl recipe is that the final product can be consumed in a variety of ways. I enjoy having it in a bowl, but the contents are also perfect for stuffing into a wrap or adding on top of chips for a healthier twist on overloaded nachos. Grated cheese, guacamole and pico de gallo can also be used to enhance the flavor. The combination of cumin, chili powder and cayenne pepper really bring out the taco flavoring and adds a kick of heat to every bite. The cashew and lime dressing cools down the spices and makes room for a flavorful harmony.
RELATED: These Blueberry Waffles Are the Berry Best Breakfast
There’s also a very special ingredient present in this Taco Bowl recipe: collagen powder. I used Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides because it’s super versatile seeing as the collagen powder is odorless, flavorless and easily soluble in hot and cold liquids and foods. And not only that but the Collagen Peptides also help to promote healthy hair, skin, nails and joints**. Our Chicken Bone Broth Collagen can also be added if you're looking for an added flavor boost.
Dream up the Taco Salad Bowl of your dreams by checking out the collagen recipe below.
Taco Salad Bowl
Yields 4 Taco Bowls
- 1 can black beans (rinsed)
- 1 C corn (cooked)
- 1C tomatoes (diced)
- 1C spinach
- 1/3 C red onion (chopped)
- 1 avocado
- 2 C brown rice
- 2 C shredded chicken breast (prepare ahead of time)
- ¼ C cilantro
- 1 T chili powder
- 2 t cumin
- 1 t cayenne pepper
- Salt and pepper
- 1 T avocado oil
- 2 scoops Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides or Chicken Bone Broth Collagen
- 1 C raw cashews (soak in hot water for 15-20 minutes)
- 2 T avocado oil
- 1 t minced garlic
- 1 freshly squeezed lime
- Salt and pepper
- Start by soaking cashews for 15-20 minutes in hot water and boiling water for the rice.
- In the meantime, add 1 can of black beans into a saucepan with some avocado oil and cook on medium heat for 10-12 minutes.
- While cooking, add in the chili powder, cumin, cayenne, salt and pepper and collagen powder.
- Once the water begins to boil, add the rice.
- Begin to chop up the onion, tomatoes and avocado.
- In a bowl, add the rice, spinach, corn, onions, tomatoes, beans, chicken, avocado and cilantro.
- Lastly, blend together the cashews and the rest of the ingredients for the dressing.
- Top off the Taco Bowls with dressing and enjoy!