As the weather continues to heat up, cooking food in the oven may not be desirable. The solution? A salad – but not just any salad! Make this creamy Potato Salad, which is taken to the next level with Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides. This salad is a refreshing summer side dish that complements any meal when turning on the oven is just not an option. It’s a simple and creamy salad made with mayonnaise and collagen.
Why add collagen to your sweet and savory recipes? To help reap health and beauty benefits, of course. Our OG Collagen Peptides are versatile since they are easily soluble in both hot and cold liquids. They are also flavorless and odorless – and if that’s not all, collagen helps to support healthy hair, skin, nails and joints.** (This side dish recipe just upped its game, didn’t it?)
RELATED: Bite Into These Chicken Tenders With Manitoban Sauce
This side dish pairs really well with grilled chicken, burgers, or any grilled protein for that matter. Pack this Potato Salad with you on picnics, potlucks and BBQ parties. Your guests will be asking for seconds.
Just prep this Potato Salad the night before to let the flavors mingle. By the following day, the potatoes will have absorbed all the seasoning, making for an even tastier salad.
RELATED: 10 Collagen Recipes That Don't Require An Oven
Potato Salad Recipe
Yields 4 servings
- 4 large yellow potatoes
- 1 T capers
- ¼ C fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 scoop Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides
- 2 T mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 T extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Thoroughly wash and peel potatoes.
- In a medium-sized pot, boil water. Place your potatoes in the pot, reduce the heat to medium, cover and let them cook until they are tender. You can check if they are cooked by piercing a potato with a fork.
- After cooking on the stove top, strain water, and let potatoes cool down before chopping them into 1-inch chunks.
- Then, in a large salad bowl, combine your capers, potatoes and finely chopped parsley.
- To make the dressing, add Collagen Peptides, mayonnaise, olive oil, garlic powder, and salt and pepper to taste in a small bowl. Carefully whisk to mix all ingredients together.
- Drizzle the dressing over the salad and lightly toss the potatoes for all the ingredients to combine. Let it sit in the fridge for 45 minutes to marinate and 5 minutes before serving take out the salad so that its cool and refreshing when served.
You can make this salad the night before and will last in the fridge for about 4 days.