We can finally say that we are at the beginning of summer. The sun is blazing hot and the earth is coming alive. I don’t know about you, but this is my favorite time of year to enjoy fresh local produce from farmers markets and grocery stores. The fresh flavor that comes with the fruits and vegetables is bold and full of sweetness. Put these in snacks consumed at the cottage, on a patio, at the beach or even while camping is a true delight. Turn to this Mango Salsa recipe for all of these occasions.
The mango and cilantro bring in fresh flavors, tastefully combined with diced tomatoes and onion. The jalapeño brings in the heat, while the lime juice brings in the zest. Plus, there's also an added boost of collagen!
This tangy snack is full of powerful nutrients that will provide you with energy and nourishment on long, hot days. You can enjoy this mango salsa with crackers, tortilla chips and even in a pulled pork taco! It makes the perfect bite for family and friends to enjoy. Let’s spark up the mood with this amazing recipe, found below!
Mango Salsa Collagen Recipe
Yields 4-5 Servings
- 2 mangoes (pit removed, cubed)
- 1 jalapeño pepper (remove seeds, stem and dice)
- 2 Roma tomatoes (chopped)
- 1/4 cup red onion (diced)
- 1 T cilantro (diced)
- 1 lime (freshly squeezed)
- 1 t salt
- 1 t pepper
- 1 scoop Vital Proteins® Original Collagen Peptides
- Chop and dice the mangoes, jalapeños, tomatoes, red onion and cilantro according to instructions listed above. Combine ingredients in a medium salsa bowl.
- In a separate bowl, combine lime juice, salt, pepper and Collagen Peptides together. Whisk until the ingredients are combined.
- Pour dressing over the fresh bowl of chopped mangoes and vegetables. Mix together to combine. Enjoy!