By: Nick Ralich
Nick Ralich, who documents his workouts on Instagram, is a personal trainer. Here, he shares how he incorporates Vital Proteins products in his daily routine.
To start things off, collagen is the most abundant source of protein in our bodies, which is why I choose to take Vital Proteins every single day. My favorite reasons for taking collagen are the added skin, hair, joint, and muscle support.
My favorite way to take my collagen is in the form of a fruit smoothie. You get all of the benefits with a sweet and silky taste. The berries, Greek yogurt, unsweetened almond milk, and cinnamon are also must-haves in this blend. Collagen Whey and Dark Chocolate Collagen Peptides aside, I also like to add Collagen Creamer to my collagen smoothie. It helps make it more filling and adds some healthy fats and energy-boosting MCTs.
If you'd like to learn more about how I make my high-protein, low-fat smoothie, take a look below. Add these ingredients together and blend them! Pour into a glass and enjoy!
Nick Ralich's Collagen Smoothie Recipe
Yields 1 Collagen Smoothie
- 1/2 C mixed fruit (preferably berries only for more fiber and less sugar)
- 1 C almond milk
- 5.3 oz. Dannon Greek Yogurt (vanilla, strawberry, or blueberry)
- 1 scoop Dark Chocolate Whey Collagen for a silky, smooth shake
- 1 scoop Collagen Creamer (coconut, vanilla, mocha, or gingerbread)
- 1 scoop Dark Chocolate Blackberry Collagen Peptides
- Dash cinnamon or pumpkin spice
- 4 ice cubes