By: Nick Ralich
Nick Ralich, who documents his workouts on Instagram, is a personal trainer. Here, he shares his workout essentials.
Fitness has always been an important part of my life. I played multiple sports throughout the year as a kid. As I progressed through high school and college, I started incorporating a lot more lifting and athletic exercises and improved my diet. These small changes made a huge difference in my training and physique. When I went to the Arnold Classic fitness convention for the second time to browse around, I got scouted by multiple modeling agencies and supplement companies. This was a huge event that helped bring on many opportunities that are still given to me now.
For anyone that’s just starting out in fitness or even if you’ve been going at it for a few years now, never give up. I know it sounds cheesy and the typical thing you’d tell people who are trying to reach a goal, but it’s so true. You have to give everything you’ve got into health and fitness if you want to look and feel good. It’s not an easy task by any means, but once you start to see the results you’re looking for, it’ll be all the motivation you need.
1. Mini Blender Bottle Shaker – Always a must-have to mix my pre-workout shake, collagen, and other supplements.
2. Jabra Elite Sport Earbuds – These are my main earbuds for the gym and are great on battery life, portability, and sound quality.
3. Backup Pair of Earbuds (Plantronics BackBeat FIT 350) – I always carry a backup pair just in case my others get lost or are out of batteries. There’s nothing worse than working out without music.
4. GoStack Containers for Pre Workout, Collagen/Whey, Vitamins, BCAA’s – This is another essential gym bag accessory for me because it lets me carry all of my pills and powders in small compact containers for on the go.
5. Wrist Straps – I always carry these for when my grip strength just isn’t enough. They’re great for deadlifts, shoulder shrugs, etc.
6. Coach Wallet – This is just my personal wallet but it’s super compact and I love the design.
8. Nike Metcon Flyknit Training Shoes – I recommend everyone have some type of training shoe when working out. The Nike Metcon Flyknit line is very stylish and helps give your feet the right support when it comes to lifting, CrossFit, cardio, and any other training in the gym.
9. Deodorant Mini Stick – A must-have for after the gym to keep me smelling fresh.
10. Diesel Cologne – My favorite cologne to stay fresh in and out of the gym.
11. Quest Bars – I always carry a Quest bar on me at all times to help satisfy my sweet tooth while helping me stay on track with my diet.
12. Persu Gym Bag – This bag is actually brand new for me, but I’m obsessed with the practicality and style. It has a drawstring shoe bag and nylon zip bag for dirty clothes. On top of that, it looks like a medium-sized bag but has the storage for a 3-5 day trip.
13. Lifting Belt – Not shown but I always like to have it on me whenever I’m doing a strenuous exercise that uses a lot of lower back.
14. Change of Clothes – Not shown but when you work as hard as I do in the gym, they’re absolutely necessary because who likes sitting in sweaty gym clothes for long?