An Easy-to-Make Gravy That's Healthier Than Your Go-To Recipe
Make your gravy without flours, dairy or starches this year with Vital Proteins Beef Bone Broth Collagen. A few spices, fresh herbs and rich broth make a flavorful base for this holiday staple. Heating the gravy up with a good dose of our Beef Bone Broth Collagen allows for a creamy yield once blended together. If you’re not into beef, we also offer a Chicken Bone Broth Collagen. An added benefit? Our collagen products help to promote healthy hair, skin, nails, and joints. Serve warm over roasted vegetables, mashed potatoes or a weekend pot roast.
RELATED: A No-Bake Green Bean Casserole Recipe for Thanksgiving
Easy Creamy Gravy
Yields about 2 cups of gravy
- ¼ C tallow, ghee or butter (your fat of choice)
- 1 t onion powder
- 1 t garlic salt
- 1 T fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1 t fresh cracked black pepper
- 3 C water
- 6 scoops Beef Bone Broth Collagen
- Heat a large, deep skillet over medium heat. Add the fat, onion powder, garlic salt, rosemary and cracked pepper.
- Cook until the fat has melted and the herbs are fragrant, about 2 minutes.
- Add the water and Beef Bone Broth Collagen and whisk well. Bring the mixture to a simmer, whisking occasionally and cook for 10-15 minutes to reduce and thicken the gravy.
- Remove from the heat and allow to cool for 10 minutes before adding to a blender.
- Blend with caution (hot liquids can cause the blender lid to pop off) on high speed until creamy in appearance. Keep warmed until serving.