By: Grace Gavilanes
Satisfy any sweetness craving with our Matcha Tiramisu recipe! If you prefer green tea (or matcha lattes) over coffee to beat the midday slump or if your friends describe you as “matcha obsessed,” then we’ve got a dessert recipe for you.
The foundation of our Matcha Tiramisu is comprised of matcha-infused pound cake. Once the cake is done baking in the oven, cut it up and add the remaining pieces to a shallow bowl. Then, dissolve our Matcha Collagen in water and add the mixture over the cake pieces, allowing time for the cake to soak up the liquid. Next, it’s time to begin the layering process.
RELATED: Our Fan-Favorite Matcha Collagen Latte Recipe
Nestled between these layers of matcha pound cake is a creamy, dairy-free whipped cream that is made with our Coconut Collagen Creamer, full-fat coconut milk and vanilla extract. The result? A rich, spongy dessert every green tea lover will enjoy.
What makes our Matcha Tiramisu so special, aside from its delicious flavor and texture, are the additions of our Matcha Collagen and Coconut Collagen Creamer. They’re not only vital parts of the recipe but also help to promote healthy hair, skin, nails, and joints.
Yields 4 servings
Matcha Pound Cake
- 2 C Paleo baking flour (almond, coconut, etc)
- 1½ t baking powder
- ½ t pink Himalayan salt
- ¾ C coconut oil, room temperature
- 1 C coconut sugar
- 1 t vanilla extract
- 3 eggs, room temperature
- 1 C + 2 T full fat coconut milk
- 1-2 scoops Vital Proteins Matcha Collagen
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Grease and flour a standard loaf pan and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk Paleo flour, baking powder and salt.
- In a separate bowl, mix together coconut oil and coconut sugar until creamy.
- Add in vanilla extract to the coconut oil mixture, then add in eggs one at a time until well combined.
- Add in about a third of the dry mixture to the wet mixture while mixing slowly. Alternate the dry mixture with half of the coconut milk and continue mixing until well combined.
- Pour the cake batter into the greased loaf pan and bake for 45-50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Cut the pound cake into slices and place pieces into a shallow bowl. Dissolve the matcha in water and pour over the cake. Allow some time to soak.
- After slices have soaked, cut pieces of cake and add to serving dish. Layer with whipped cream (recipe below) and continue cake to whipped cream layering.
- Refrigerate before serving, about 1 hour.
- When serving, dust with matcha powder to garnish.
Dairy-Free Whipped Cream
Directions for whipped cream:
- Refrigerate can of coconut milk, 8 hours or overnight.
- Place mixing bowl in refrigerator or freezer for 1 hour before making coconut cream.
- Open can of coconut cream (do not shake or mix the can prior). Scoop solid layer of coconut cream into chilled mixing bowl. Reserve remaining coconut water for another use.
- Using a hand or electric mixer, beat coconut cream on medium to high speed. Beat until fluffy and light.
- Add 2 scoops of Vital Proteins’ Coconut Collagen Creamer, beat 1 more minute. Taste and add vanilla if desired.