Gingerbread cookies are a trademark of the fall season, and with the weather feeling cooler and the days getting shorter, it feels like the perfect time to bake some warm gingerbread cookies. The problem? Most holiday cookie recipes are rife with unhealthy ingredients.
But not to fear! Our Collagen Gingerbread Cookies are sweetened with maple syrup and baked with almond flour, making them processed sugar- and gluten-free.
In addition to the healthful staples that comprise these cookies, they have the added bonus of containing our Paleo-friendly, Whole30-approved Vital Proteins Collagen Creamer® in Coconut. Yum!
Gluten-Free Gingerbread Cookies
- 2 C blanched almond flour
- ¼ C maple syrup
- 2 t unsalted butter or coconut oil
- ½ t vanilla extract
- ½ t baking soda
- ¼ t sea salt
- ¼ t cinnamon
- 1 scoop Vital Proteins Collagen Creamer® in Vanilla
- Preheat the oven to 350°F
- Combine ingredients using a hand mixer or food processor.
- Place in fridge to chill for 20 minutes.
- Form dough into small disks on baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool.