As the holiday season fast approaches and the party invites start rolling in, the thought of what to bring begins to plague us. You want to bring something that’s festive, classic and delicious, but your schedule is jam-packed, and you don’t really feel like baking. There’s no need to stress though. This year, we’ve got you covered with our perfectly spiced Mulled Wine. This longtime classic beverage is packed with apple cider, cinnamon, cloves, star anise and red wine. It’s the literal embodiment of the holidays in a glass — what more could you need? A beauty boost from our Collagen Peptides, you say? Well it has that, too!
This holiday beverage only requires minimal effort and a few ingredients. Along with being delicious, it is an incredibly easy drink to prepare. All you need to do is combine everything together in a pot and let it simmer. Really, it’s that simple. Added bonus: your house will smell like the holidays. If only we could bottle that fragrance and save it. While anything is possible, for now, making our Mulled Wine will have to do.
Yields 6-8 servings
- 4 C apple cider
- 1 750-mL bottle red wine (Cabernet Sauvignon, Malbec, Merlot, Rioja or Chianti should all work well) or cranberry juice
- 3 scoops Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides
- 1 orange (you’ll be using both juice and zest)
- 1/4 C honey (optional)
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 6 whole cloves
- 3 star anise
- Combine all ingredients in medium to large sauce pan on medium-high heat. Heat barely to a simmer and reduce heat to low.
- Cover and let simmer at least 30 minutes or up to 2 hours. (I found the flavors to be best after two hours).
- Serve warm and with desired garnishes.