Granola bars are always a perfect 10:00 a.m. snack during a busy workweek, as well as a great breakfast alternative. It’s a nutritious way to start your day. They are incredibly easy to make, plus you get all the healthy nutritional benefits in just one bar. I suggest making a big batch so you can conveniently have them ready to go whenever those midday cravings hit! Store them in the fridge or freezer to lengthen the freshness.
Unlike the usual store-bought granola bars, these Sweet Potato Granola Bars are soft, chewy, and packed with delicious flavors. They offer a wonderful balance of sweet and savory with the combination of oats and sweet potato. They are perfect as a protein bar alternative because they are full of healthy fats and zero refined sugars. Making them the perfect after-gym snack for any type of physical activity.
There’s also the addition of Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides, which helps to promote healthy hair, skin, nails and joints. What I love about Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides is how easy it is to incorporate into any recipe. The collagen is soluble in hot and cold liquids, so make sure to add it to any of your favorite delicious drinks, like coffee or smoothies.
I wanted to share this delicious granola bar recipe with you and have provided you with the recipe below. I always encourage people to add some additional ingredients such as coconut flakes, cashews, dark chocolate and other additional healthy fats that will keep you full longer. Enjoy!
Sweet Potato Granola Bars
Yields 12 Sweet Potato Granola Bars
- 1 medium sweet potato
- 2 C rolled oats
- ½ C pumpkin seeds
- 1/3 C crushed almonds
- 2 T chia seeds
- 1 T cinnamon
- 2 scoops Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides
- ½ C maple syrup
- ½ C peanut butter
- 1/3 C coconut oil
1. Preheat oven to 350°F
2. Peel and chop sweet potato until cubed. In a saucepan boil until soft.
3. Add cooked sweet potato to a food processor and add all wet ingredients.
4. In a separate bowl, combine all dry ingredients and add in the sweet potato mix.
5. Stir wet and dry ingredients with a wooden spoon until well combined.
6. Line a 9×23 inch-baking dish with parchment paper, and transfer mix.
7. Press mixture into dish and smooth out until even.
8. Bake for 35-40 minutes
9. Allow cooling, and cutting into bars.