A bite of heaven! Golden, delicious, nutrient-rich almonds are oven-roasted then blended with a splash of vanilla, a sprinkling of cacao, and some Vital Proteins Collagen Creamer® in Coconut to create this Coconut Mocha Almond Butter.
Using no refined flours and sugars, this recipe can come together in a matter of minutes.It also happens to be gluten free, dairy free, sugar free, keto- and paleo-friendly! It’s subtly sweet, deliciously creamy, decadent, and rich with a hint of coconut and a gentle hum (or loud rev, if you prefer) of espresso. It also happens to be quite the nutritional powerhouse!
This Coconut Mocha Almond Butter also happen to be high in magnesium and antioxidants. It’s packed with protein and healthy fats thanks to the MCTs found in the Collagen Creamer’s coconut milk powder. Our VP product helps to support stronger hair, skin, nails and joints,** so you’re reaping major health benefits while enjoying a decadent dessert.
Eat it simply by the spoonful, spread it on to a piece of gluten-free toast, enjoy it with some freshly sliced apples, or — for the ultimate indulgence — grab yourself a piece of your fave dark chocolate. Then add a generous spoonful of your collagen-infused almond butter to it, followed by a sprinkle of crispy coconut flakes. Prepare to lose yourself in the deliciousness that you just created.
Six ingredients and 10 minutes in the making. The only thing that’s left to decide is how will you eat yours?
Coconut Mocha Almond Butter
Yields 1½ Coconut Mocha Almond Butter Cups
- 2 C raw almonds
- 1 T cacao
- 1 t instant espresso
- 1 T vanilla bean extract
- ½ t salt flakes
- 2 scoops Vital Proteins Collagen Creamer® in Coconut
- Preheat your oven to 350°F.
- Line a large baking sheet with baking/parchment paper (or a non-stick mat) and pour on your almonds, making sure they are spread evenly a.k.a. not crowded.
- Roast almonds for 10 minutes, until lightly toasted and deliciously golden.
- Pour your roasted almonds into the bowl of your food processor or blender and process until smooth and creamy (or your desired consistency). Initially the almonds will grind down into a powder, give it a minute or two and the oils will extract and it will become deliciously, thick, rich and creamy. You may need to stop and scrape down the sides of the bowl occasionally.
- Once you have blended to your desired consistency, add your salt, cacao, espresso, vanilla and coconut creamer and process until well combined.
- Taste and adjust seasoning accordingly – add a little extra salt or more vanilla/cacao or coconut creamer if you feel the need and, if you prefer a thinner/more runny consistency feel free to add a drizzle of coconut oil to thin it out.