Chocolate cravings – we all get them from time to time, right? Here at Lively, we like to embrace our cravings, whether that means making a creamy Matcha Collagen Latte to beat the mid-afternoon slump or devouring one of our many no-bake collagen recipes.
To save you from reaching for a subpar treat, we’re here to offer you one of the most decadent brownie recipes you’ll ever eat. On top of being fudgy, our recipe for Sweet Potato Brownies happens to be pretty healthy thanks to its list of good-for-you ingredients, including raw cashews, cinnamon, flaxseed and collagen. Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides packs on the health benefits since our OG product helps to support stronger hair, skin, nails, and joints. Our Collagen Peptides are also odorless and flavorless, so they can be added to any hot or cold liquid and food.
Trust us: These superfood brownies will grab everyone’s attention.
Sweet Potato Brownies
Yields 12-16 medium Sweet Potato Brownies
- 1 C raw cashews (soaked or sprouted is better but regular raw will work, too!)
- ½ avocado
- 1 medium sweet potato (use a purple Japanese sweet potato for extra creaminess)
- 4 pasture-raised eggs
- ¾ C ground flaxseed
- 4 scoops Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides
- 1 T cinnamon
- ½ C coconut oil, melted
- 10-12 drops liquid stevia (use less oil if subbing with maple syrup or honey)
- ½ or 1 whole chocolate bar, minced
1. Add the cashews, oil, avocado, and sweet potato to a food processor and blend. Wait to add the rest of the ingredients to ensure you have the desired texture. (Pulse if you prefer chunky, blend if you prefer smooth).
2. Add the remaining ingredients to the food processor and blend.
3. Pour the batter into a baking dish or cast-iron skillet and bake on 400F for 25 minutes.
4. Remove the brownies from the oven and place in the freezer for 10 minutes or refrigerator to allow the coconut oil to harden and help the brownies hold shape. Do this before cutting them, and they will stay perfectly intact.
5. Store in the refrigerator.