If you’re looking for a delicious meal to throw together for dinner that tastes amazing but is also nutritious, you’ll want to give this collagen recipe a try! Casseroles were a big staple food in my house growing up. My mom loved to cook, and one of the easiest things to make for a family with kids was a casserole that could feed a large gathering and still provide enough for leftovers the next day.
I love making casseroles now, because they remind me so much of the love she put into cooking and because I get to take the creative reins and put together the flavors I want, while sticking to dietary needs. The beauty of casseroles truly is their flavor - baking together so many standout ingredients (Vital Proteins Chicken Bone Broth Collagen included) in order to create something delicious.
Unlike many recipes that can all be cooked in one step, this casserole in particular has various steps but takes the effort of a one-pan type of meal. Trust me when I say this is the best kind of healthy comfort food, so gather your ingredients and get started!
Yields 6-8 servings
- 1 lb. chicken breasts or thighs
- 1 lb. broccoli florets
- 12 oz. cauliflower “rice” (I purchased mine frozen and pre “riced”)
- 3 T fat (butter, bacon fat, oil)
- 1 onion
- 4 cloves garlic
- 4 scoopsVital Proteins Chicken Bone Broth Collagen
- 2 T cornstarch
- 1 3/4 C water
- 1/2 C full-fatcoconut milk
- 1 Tspicy brown mustard
- 2 Tnutritional yeast
- Salt or to taste
- Black pepper to taste
- 1 t fresh rosemary
- 1/2 lb. bacon
- Preheat your oven to 425°F. Place chicken on a baking sheet with a bit of oil, and bake for 20-25 minutes until cooked through. Flip halfway for even cooking.
- On a separate baking sheet, toss the broccoli in oil and roast for 15-20 minutes. It should be tender when removed.
- Lower the oven to 400°F. On a stove top or in the oven, cook the bacon until crisp, setting aside the excess fat.
- Using 3 T of the bacon fat, add to onions and garlic to a small pan and saute.
- Whisk the cornstarch into the broth and add it to the pan, then add the coconut milk, mustard and nutritional yeast. Continue to whisk.
- Continue to cook and add in the fresh rosemary, and stir in the cauliflower rice.
- Shred the chicken in a casserole dish, then add the broccoli and the cauliflower sauce mixture, and combine.
- Sprinkle the bacon on top and bake in the oven for about 20 minutes.
- Serve hot or save for leftovers to be reheated!