When the weather is freezing, there's nothing like a hot bowl of soup to warm you up. Stuffed Pepper Soup is one of these for me. What I love about it is it's filling and gives you a cozy feeling, but is still packed with nutrients.
Consider what's in it: It uses orange, red and yellow bell peppers, whole-grain brown rice for fiber and lean ground beef. It also calls for Vital Proteins Beef Bone Broth Collagen to support healthy hair, skin, nails and joints.** (How about that for a delicious lineup?)
Of course, leftovers are the best and, lucky for you, this soup freezes beautifully. I like freezing it in quart-sized bags and then defrosting it for a quick family meal when we are short on time. It's easy and hassle-free!
Now, keep scrolling on to get the complete recipe!
Stuffed Pepper Soup Recipe
Yields 1 large pot of soup
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 diced bell peppers
- 32 oz. low-sodium beef broth
- 3 scoops Vital Proteins Beef Bone Broth Collagen
- 1-14.5 oz. can diced tomatoes
- 2-14.5 oz. cans tomato sauce
- 1 T garlic powder
- 1 T onion powder
- 2 t dried basil
- 1 t black pepper
- 2 t Italian blend spice
- 1 C uncooked brown rice
1. Cook ground beef in a large pot until cooked through and lightly browned. Remove from pot.
2. Add in onions and bell peppers and sauté for about 5 minutes.
3. Add in diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, broth, Vital Proteins Beef Bone Broth Collagen and spices. Cook for about 30 minutes on low heat.
4. Meanwhile, cook rice according to directions. When soup is finished, add in cooked rice.
5. Now, eat and enjoy!