Chickpea hummus is one of my favorite snacks to have at home. With that said, I wanted to create a unique twist on the traditional savory hummus and sweeten it up with a beautiful chocolate cherry almond flavor. This Beetroot Hummus is just that.
The recipe requires very simple ingredients and pairs well with strawberries, bananas, cookies, chocolate and more. It's smooth, creamy and can be enjoyed by the spoonful. It's also packed with protein and high-quality ingredients, making it a guilt-free dessert to indulge in. My favorite ingredient in this recipe is the Vital Proteins Chocolate Cherry Almond Collagen Latte, which adds a delightful flavor that complements it well. The collagen powder is blended right into the beetroot hummus — it's as simple as that!
If you're ready to get started making this delicious snack, scroll on for the step-by-step.
Smooth & Creamy Beetroot Hummus
Yields 1 bowl of Beetroot Hummus
- 2 C chickpeas (rinsed)
- 1 T beetroot powder
- 1/3 C maple syrup
- 1/3 C almond milk
- 1 t vanilla
- 1 scoop Chocolate Cherry Almond Collagen Latte
- 2 bananas (peeled and sliced)
2 C strawberries
1. Rinse chickpeas and add to a food processor with the beetroot powder, maple syrup, almond milk, vanilla and the Chocolate Cherry Almond Collagen Latte.
2. Process the ingredients until it creates a smooth consistency.
3. Pour into a bowl and top with strawberries. Serve with bananas, strawberries or other fruit and chocolate. Enjoy!