Make Cupid Proud With This Strawberry Parfait
When you think of a Strawberry Parfait, what exactly comes to mind? Is it granola, gelatin, custard, berries, chocolate, or something else? One of the great things about this dessert is it embodies such a wide range, so you can use it to run free with creativity and create a memorable dessert with whatever you may be craving!
If you’re in a pinch to make something special for Valentine’s Day, consider trying this collagen recipe – made with Vital Proteins Beef Gelatin! The classic strawberry and chocolate flavors are front and center in three delicious layers that make for the perfect dessert. Dig in!
Yields 2 servings
For gelatin layer
For brownie layer
- 3 eggs
- ⅓ C almond flour
- 2 T coconut flour
- 1 C coconut sugar
- 2 T dark cocoa powder
- 1 t vanilla extract
- ½ C coconut oil
- 1 C chocolate chips (optional)
For chocolate mousse layer
- 1 16 oz. can full-fat coconut milk
- ½ medium avocado
- 4 T cacao powder
- 3 T maple syrup or honey
- 1 t vanilla extract
- Start by prepping the gelatin, since this will take the longest to set, and it is the base layer. Take ¼ C of the strawberry juice (cold) and mix in the Beef Gelatin until it forms a paste. Let this sit for 2-3 minutes. It will continue to “bloom” until it forms a jelly-like texture.
- Heat up the remaining 1 and ¾ C of juice to below boiling and incorporate with the gelatin mixture. Stir thoroughly until all of the gelatin is dissolved and it is liquid again.
- As the bottom layer, pour the desired amount into the cups the dessert will be served in, and chill in the refrigerator for 3-4 hours, or overnight.
- To make the brownies, start by mixing all of the dry ingredients together and all of the wet ingredients together in two separate bowls. Slowly incorporate and hand stir or mix in a food processor.
- Bake for 20 minutes on 400°F, remove and cool. An optional step is to bake individual servings in small, circular glass bowls. Or, if you prefer to bake as a whole batch, cut the right size circle to fit the parfait cup from the brownie pan once cooled.
- To create the mousse, place all the ingredients into a food processor or blender and blend until smooth and creamy consistency.
- Once the gelatin is set, set the brownie as the middle layer and top with chocolate mousse and fresh strawberries. Keep refrigerated and serve cold!
Shop Beef Gelatin