We’re calling it: Nothing says Valentine’s Day quite like these fun-sized Chocolate Hearts. Not only are they decadent and tasty, but they’re also so incredibly easy to whip up. I used simple ingredients in this recipe, including Vital Proteins™ Chocolate Collagen Peptides ($27; shop now)!
These Chocolate Hearts are great if you’re looking for an inexpensive way to treat yourself or your loved ones. The combination of the dark chocolate, Chocolate Collagen Peptides and cinnamon, with a touch of almond crunch and sea salt, is a perfect blend of flavor. You can add dried fruit and a touch of maple syrup to sweeten it up. Another wonderful way to gift these chocolates is to add a popsicle stick and tie a ribbon on the end.
Whatever your plans are on Valentine’s Day, don’t forget to enjoy a chocolate heart or two.
Yields 12 Chocolate Hearts
- 1 C dark chocolate
- 1/3 C almonds (chopped)
- 1 T cinnamon
- 2 scoops Vital Proteins® Chocolate Collagen Peptides
- ½ C coconut milk
- ¼ t sea salt
- Heart-shaped chocolate mold
- Heat a small saucepan on low heat and add in the dark chocolate, Chocolate Collagen Peptides, cinnamon and coconut milk.
- Chop up almonds and add to the chocolate. As it begins to melt, stir slowly until all of the ingredients are combined.
- Once the chocolate is melted completely and the ingredients are all mixed in, pour the chocolate into the heart molds and top with shaved almonds and sea salt.
- Place the mold into the freezer and let sit for an hour.
- Remove chocolate from the mold and enjoy!