Valentine’s Day is right around the corner and we are getting ready to share the love with these delicious and festive Heart-Shaped Cake Pops. This recipe features a sweet strawberry filling, a white chocolate shell and a pink marble design to keep us right on theme with this heart-centric holiday. Ready to learn how simple it is to make this festive treat? Keep reading!
Wondering what good-for-you ingredients are used to create this recipe? Some key ingredients include oat flour as the base, avocado oil for the smooth texture and Vital Performance™ Strawberry Protein ($29.99; shop now) for that sweet strawberry flavor and boost of collagen and protein! Who can say no to that?
Ready to get baking and treat your loved ones with these tasty hearts? Let’s get started!
Heart-Shaped Cake Pops
Yields 16 Cake Pops
- 1 ½ C oat flour
- 4 scoops Vital Performance™ Strawberry Protein
- ½ C avocado oil
- 1 C coconut sugar
- 2 large eggs
- ½ t vanilla
- ¼ t salt
- 1 ½ t baking powder
- ⅓ C strawberry jelly or preserves
- 1 ½ C white chocolate chips (+ 1 T extra if using cake pop sticks)
- 1 ½ t coconut oil
- red food dye
Cake Pop Directions:
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- Mix all dry filling ingredients in a medium-sized mixing bowl.
- Add the wet filling ingredients to the bowl and mix until well combined.
- Bake the cake mix in a greased 9-inch pan for 35–40 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove the cake from the oven and let it cool for about 15 minutes.
- Once relatively cool, add the cake to a bowl and break it into crumbs with your hands.
- Add the strawberry jelly to the cake mixture and mix until well combined.
- Roll the cake mix into hearts or spheres and place on parchment paper.
Lively Tip: Run your hands under water in-between molding each cake pop to avoid the batter sticking to your hands.
- Place a cake pop stick into each sphere and freeze for 1 hour or overnight.
Lively Tip: To ensure the sticks remain intact, we recommend melting a tablespoon of white chocolate and dipping each stick in the chocolate prior to attaching.
- Melt the white chocolate and coconut oil in a bowl, stirring until smooth.
Lively Tip: If using a microwave, melt in 30-second increments.
- Dip each cake pop into the white chocolate and decorate as desired. For the marble effect, simply add one drop of food dye into the white chocolate and stir with a spoon in-between every few cake pops.
- Freeze again for 1 hour and enjoy!
Lively Tip: Store in the refrigerator while enjoying or stick in the freezer to save for later!