January is synonymous with creating new intentions and deciding what we want the year ahead to look like. We’re here to help you recommit to wellness by brining you quick, easy-to-make recipes you can create in bulk. This year is all about saving time, nourishing our bodies with delicious foods and keeping things easy. These turkey meatballs are one of the best meal prep options as they are simple to make and you can batch up to about 30 meatballs and store them in the freezer until you are ready to pull some out for lunch or dinner.
These meatballs are loaded with delicious flavors from Italian seasoning, garlic powder and fresh parsley and Vital Proteins® Original Collagen Peptides ($27; shop now). They are delicious on their own, or piled on top of some cooked zucchini noodles. Between making the meatballs and preparing the zoodles, it takes under an hour to cook and you are left with lunch or dinner for the entire week!
These turkey meatballs are protein-packed and can also be made into a vegetarian meal by subbing the turkey for a meat alternative. Next time you are meal prepping and want a delicious, nourishing and simple meal, turn to this Turkey Meatball And Zoodle recipe!
Turkey Meatballs & Zoodles
Yields 7-8 servings
- 2 lbs ground turkey (or meat substitute)
- 2 eggs
- 2 C bread crumbs
- 1 C onion (chopped)
- 2 T Italian seasoning
- 2 t garlic powder
- 2 T fresh parsley (diced)
- 2 scoops Vital Proteins® Collagen Peptides
- 4 zucchini (spiralized)
- 1 T olive oil
- 1 T water
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Add all of the ingredients in a medium-sized bowl and mix together with a wooden spoon or by hand.
- Mix well until all ingredients are evenly combined
- Begin to scoop about 3 t of the mixture together and roll to form small meatballs
- Place the meatballs onto the baking sheet and bake in the oven for about 30 minutes or until fully cooked.
- Watch the meatballs brown in the oven and cut one in half to check to see if it is fully cooked.
- While the meatballs are cooking, spiralize zucchini
- Place spiralized zucchini into a pan with olive oil and water
- cook on medium heat for about 8-10 minutes or until zucchini noodles begin to cook.
Lively Note: To steam the zoodles lightly, add a lid on top for a 5 minutes or until zoodles become soft
- Set the zoodles aside, remove the turkey meatballs from the oven.
- Pick a pasta sauce of choice or leave plain, top with meatballs and enjoy!