Have you ever dreamed of having dessert for breakfast? Well with this recipe, you completely can! These cute Oat Breakfast Cookies include everything in your morning oat bowl—baked into cookie form. You can grab one when you are on the go or even enjoy dunking one in your morning cup of coffee. In fact, this recipe yields about seven large cookies, which leaves you with one cookie for every day of the week—and who can complain about that!
Wondering what good-for-you ingredients make up this breakfast treat? Naturally we start with an oat base and use a combination of oats and oat flour for the perfect texture. We additionally added maple syrup for sweetness, coconut flakes for texture and of course Vital Proteins® Original Collagen Peptides $27; shop now) for a boost of collagen peptides.
What are you waiting for? Dessert—I mean breakfast—is served!
Oat Breakfast Cookies
Yields 7–8 cookies
- 1/2 C nut butter (recommend almond or peanut)
- 1 egg
- 1 T neutral oil (recommend avocado oil or coconut oil)
- 1 T vanilla extract
- 1/4 C maple syrup
- ¾ C gluten-free oat flour
- ¼ C gluten-free oats
- 2 scoops Original Collagen Peptides
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 t baking powder
- 1/4 C of shredded coconut
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a bowl, whisk the wet ingredients until smooth
Vital Tip: If using solid/refrigerated nut butter, use an immersion blender for the wet ingredients.
- Add the dry ingredients to the bowl and mix with a spatula until well combined.
- Lightly grease two cookie sheets with a neutral oil or cooking spray.
- Scoop the dough into 7–8 spheres using an ice cream scooper.
- Bake for 15 minutes and let cool prior to enjoying.