When it comes to breakfast, the decision is always sweet or savory. Next time you’re leaning toward sweet, we have you covered with this Homemade Hazelnut Spread. It’s smooth, nutty and best of all, has that delicious hint of chocolate in every bite. Wondering where all the flavor comes from? The recipe calls for just four ingredients—and two of them create the incredible flavor.
In addition to hazelnuts, this recipe uses Vital Proteins™ Chocolate Collagen Peptides ($27; shop now) for a chocolatey twist. It is the perfect pair for your favorite toast, on top of pancakes and waffles, or even straight from the jar! Go ahead and share a little with your friends and family. We have a feeling they will go nuts for it!
Homemade Chocolate Hazelnut Spread
Yields ~10 oz
- 2 C hazelnuts
- 4 scoops Vital Proteins® Chocolate Collagen Peptides
- 1 T coconut oil or olive oil
- 1 T coconut sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Place hazelnuts on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake the hazelnuts for 10–12 minutes.
- While warm, pour the hazelnuts onto a kitchen towel or on top of a towel in a bowl. Shake the hazelnuts in the towel to remove what you can of the skin.
- Place the hazelnuts in a food processor and blend for 10 minutes or until creamy, pushing the mixture down every couple of minutes.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the food processor and blend until smooth.
- Pour the batter into a jar, refrigerate and enjoy!