Ready for a pie that just screams Valentine’s Day? We've got you covered. This Chocolate Raspberry Pie is so simple, you may want to make a second for when the first one magically disappears.
The recipe includes multiple layers of chocolate, almond butter and berries that will keep you coming back for more. All ingredients are dairy free and the recipe can be made gluten free as well!
It starts with the homemade crust, which includes a ton of good-for-you ingredients, such as almond flour for fiber, monk fruit sweetener for all-natural sweetness and, of course, Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides! Now where else can you get that much out of a pie? (Did we mention we have you covered?)
We better get baking, because by the time it’s done, you may want the whole thing to “be mine!”
RELATED: This Paleo Pizza Recipe Will Make Your Heart Happy
Raspberry Chocolate Pie
Yields 8 servings
- 1 egg
- 1 t vanilla
- 2 T room temperature dairy-free or regular butter
- 1/2 C almond flour
- 1/2 C oat flour
- 2 scoops Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides
- 1/4 C monk fruit sweetener
- 3 dark chocolate bars
- 1 C smooth almond butter
- 3 6oz. containers of raspberries
- 1 T powdered monk fruit sweetener
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and begin to develop the crust.
- Mix the egg, vanilla and butter for the crust in a bowl until well combined.
- Add all dry ingredients into the bowl and mix until blended.
- Grease a pie pan and place the dough in the center.
- Begin to carefully press the dough outward from the center, lining the full mold with dough about ¼-inch thick.
- Bake the crust for 20 minutes.
- Let the crust cool for 5 minutes.
- While the crust is still slightly warm, break one of the chocolate bars and place all pieces in the center of the crust.
- Use a spoon or spatula to spread the chocolate to cover the crust completely.
- Once the pan is cool, place in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to 1 hour (you want the chocolate to harden completely).
- Remove the crust from the refrigerator and pour in the almond butter to cover the surface (more almond butter may be added if desired).
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes - 1 hour (you want the almond butter to be cold).
- Melt the second bar of chocolate and spread on top of the almond butter, covering the entire pie.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes - 1 hour (you want the chocolate to harden completely).
- Once removed, melt the third bar of chocolate and use it as glue to place the raspberries on top of the pie, covering the surface.
- Refrigerate the pie for 1 hour or overnight.
- Slice and enjoy!
Shop Collagen Peptides