This Paleo Pizza Recipe Will Make Your Heart Happy
While yes, we served you the best Game Day recipes — healthy versions of dips, tater tot nachos and more — to satisfy your savory cravings, nothing compares to what we’re about to gift you. Feast your eyes (and stomach) on this Paleo Pizza recipe, a delightfully filling dinner option that also contains Vital Proteins Beef Gelatin.
Collagen not only helps to support healthy hair, skin, nails and joints,** but also acts as a binding agent for the pizza crust in this recipe. This happens because our Beef Gelatin solidifies in room-temperature foods and liquids. Trust us: You’ll heart this sweet Paleo Pizza recipe for what’s inside and out.
RELATED: Make This Healthy Southwest Bowl Recipe for Breakfast
So, what are you waiting for? We challenge you to treat yourself to a deliciously hearty meal this week.
Paleo Pizza Recipe
Yields 1 Paleo Pizza
- ½ C light coconut milk
- 4 T butter, ghee, or coconut oil
- 2 t apple cider vinegar
- 1 t honey or maple syrup (optional)
2 scoops Vital Proteins Beef Gelatin
- 1 C tapioca or arrowroot starch
- 2 C blanched almond flour
- 1 t baking powder
- ½ t baking soda
- ½ t sea salt
- Tomato sauce
- Dairy-free cheese or preferred cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Have a sheet pan ready.
- Whisk together the coconut milk, butter, apple cider vinegar, honey, and Beef Gelatin in a small saucepan (it’s okay if the butter is not combined). Turn the heat to medium low and continue whisking until the butter and gelatin have melted and the mixture is smooth.
- Pour out into a medium bowl. Add the tapioca starch and whisk until smooth. Add the almond flour, baking powder, baking soda, and sea salt. Switch to a silicone spatula and mix until a dough ball forms (this will take quite a few strokes).
- Place the dough on a piece of parchment and roll into a ball. Separate into 4 small pieces. Place another piece of parchment over top of each roll, flatten and shape (into hearts or flat). You can press your fingers around the edges to smooth them out.
- Remove the top layer of parchment and transfer the dough to your baking sheet, leaving the bottom piece of parchment in place. Bake for 12-14 minutes, or until it begins to brown.
- Add your toppings, as desired. Bake another 5 minutes to warm the toppings and soften the cheese. Remove, slice, and enjoy!