Dig Into This Decadent Chocolate Lava Cake
Short on time and looking for a recipe to satisfy your sweet tooth? Look no further because this quick and easy recipe for Chocolate Lava Mug Cake, made using Vital Proteins Marine Collagen, is calling your name!
RELATED: How To Use Collagen (Plus, 15 Recipes To Get You Started)
Not only is this mug cake berry delicious, thanks to the raspberries, and refined sugar free, but it’s also filled with collagen protein. Our Marine Collagen, sourced from fish scales, helps to support stronger hair, skin, nails, and joints.** These peptides make this Chocolate Lava Mug Cake the perfect sweet treat for both your health and taste buds.
Chocolate Lava Mug Cake
Yields 1 Chocolate Lava Mug Cake
- ½ C of almond flour
- ¼ t baking powder
- 2 T cocoa powder
- 1 T coconut flour
- 1 piece of your favorite dark chocolate
- 1 small egg
- ½ T melted coconut oil
- 1 scoop Vital Proteins Marine Collagen
- 1/8 C frozen raspberries
- 2 t coconut sugar
- Pinch of salt
- Optional garnish: raspberries and cacao nibs
- In a small bowl, combine dry ingredients including almond flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and Vital Proteins Marine Collagen. Stir.
- Add the melted coconut oil and frozen raspberries into the mixture. Stir the batter with a fork thoroughly.
- In the meantime, whisk your egg and granulated sweetener in a separate small bowl for no less than 1 minute. Add the whisked egg into the batter and stir.
- Slightly grease your microwave safe mug or ramekin with coconut oil and pour half of the mixture. Place your chocolate piece in the middle and pour the remaining batter until it is covered.
- Place mug/ramekin in the microwave and cook for 1 minute and 20 seconds or until your desired consistency. You may need to check your cake for the first 60 seconds.
- Serve while its warm and add desired garnishes.
Shop Marine Collagen