There's nothing like a full plate of pasta (okay, maybe a glass of wine, too!) to make you feel the love. So why not share the sentiment in this season by whipping up something yummy for your best pals or significant other?
Just start with these recipes — created with care, carbs and collagen — that are sure to be the highlight of your Valentine's night. From a decadent appetizer to hearty dinner and decadent dessert ideas, see all the delicious ideas.
1. apple & ricotta bruschetta recipe
apple & ricotta bruschetta recipe
- 1 baguette
- ½ C ricotta
- 1 apple, sliced (I used a Granny Smith apple)
- 2 T maple syrup
- 1 t cinnamon
- 1 scoop Vital Proteins Original Collagen Peptides
- ¼ C pumpkin seeds
- 4 T avocado oil
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Cut baguette into slices and drizzle with half of the avocado oil. Bake for 10 minutes.
- In a skillet, add the additional avocado oil and set to medium-heat. Add in the apple slices, maple syrup, cinnamon and Original Collagen Peptides and mix together. Cook for about 6-10 minutes or until apples becomes soft and coated.
- Spread each baguette slice with ricotta cheese and top with a caramelized apple.
- Top with pumpkin seeds and enjoy!
2. cashew mac and cheese recipe
cashew mac and cheese recipe
Yields 4 servings of Cashew Mac and Cheese
- 3 C water
- 2 C brown rice penne
- 1 C spinach
- ½ onion (chopped)
- 2 T olive oil
Ingredients for Cashew Mac and Cheese Sauce:
- 1/3 C cashews (soak in hot water for 15-20 minutes)
- ½ C nutritional yeast
- 1 scoop Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides
- ¼ C coconut cream
- 2 T tomato paste
- 1 t garlic powder
- 1 t smoked paprika
- 2 T turmeric powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a saucepan, bring water to a boil. Add in penne and boil until cooked.
- On the side, heat olive oil in a pan and add chopped onion.
- Soak the cashews in hot water for 15-20 minutes or until soft. Add cashews and the rest of the cheese sauce ingredients into a blender and mix until smooth and creamy.
- Drain the noodles and combine into a pan with spinach, salt and pepper, sesame seeds (optional) and cashew cheese sauce. Cook for about 5 minutes on medium.
- Add additional hot water to make it creamy.
- Serve in a pasta bowl and enjoy!
3. butternut squash pasta recipe
butternut squash pasta recipe
Yields 5-6 Butternut Squash Pasta servings
- 3-4 C butternut squash, peeled, cubed and seeds removed
- 1 C white onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 scoops Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides
- ½ C chicken broth
- 1 can coconut cream
- 2 T fresh parsley, minced
- ½ C parmesan cheese
- 2 T olive oil
- 1 lb. dry fettuccine noodles
- Salt and pepper
- In a small saucepan, add half of the olive oil over medium heat.
- Once the oil is heated, add in the cubed butternut squash, onions, and minced garlic. Reduce heat and a lid on top to steam the butternut squash.
- Once the butternut squash is soft, add in the chicken broth, Collagen Peptides, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil and then let cool off for 5 minutes.
- Transfer ingredients to a food processor or blender and add the coconut milk. If using a blender, you may want to add in a small amount at a time, so it does not leak over.
- Once sauce is blended, heat up a skillet with the remaining olive oil over medium heat.
- When the sauce begins to have a gentle boil, add in the pasta noodles of your choice. Mix together with the sauce and cook for 10-12 minutes or until noodles are fully cooked.
- Once the noodles are cooked and loaded with sauce, top with fresh parsley, Parmesan cheese and fresh black pepper.
4. chicken & broccoli pasta with bone broth sauce recipe
chicken & broccoli pasta with bone broth sauce recipe
Yields 3 servings of chicken pasta with bone broth sauce
- 9 oz. gluten-free noodles (I used Cappello’s almond flour fettuccine)
- 1 lb. pasture-raised chicken breast
- 2 medium heads broccoli
- 2 cloves garlic
- 4 scoops Vital Proteins Chicken Bone Broth Collagen
- ¼ C water
- ¾ C coconut cream
- 2 T almond flour
- 2 T dried oregano
- 1 T onion powder
- Salt to taste
- Cut up 1 lb. chicken breast into small cubes and sauté in a pan over medium heat until cooked through.
- Remove the chicken from the pan and set aside.
- Without cleaning or getting a new pan, add ½ cup of water to the pan and scrape any leftovers from the chicken. This will help infuse the flavor into the rest of the dish.
- Cut up the broccoli heads and add them to the pan in the water. Cook until bright green and soft.
- Remove the broccoli and set it aside.
- Add ¼ cup of water, ¾ cup of coconut cream, and 4 scoops of Vital Proteins Chicken Bone Broth into the same pan and stir.
- Add 2 tablespoons of almond flour to thicken the sauce or skip this step if you prefer a thinner sauce.
- Add in the dried oregano, onion powder, and salt.
- Let the sauce simmer on low for about 10 minutes while you prepare the rest of the dish.
- In a medium to large saucepan, add a generous amount of water and place on the stove on medium to high heat and boil the water.
- Once boiling, add the pasta to the water and cook until al dente. Drain the water from the pasta once cooked.
- Add the pasta, chicken and broccoli to the pan with the sauce, and mix together. Add salt and pepper to taste and serve hot.
5. almond butter banana bread recipe
almond butter banana bread recipe
Yields 1 Almond Butter Banana Bread
- 2 very ripe bananas
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 C almond butter (plus, extra for swirling)
- 1 t vanilla
- 1 T maple syrup/honey or monk fruit sweetener
- 1/4 C coconut flour
- 1/4 C cacao
- 1/4 t cinnamon
- 1/2 t baking powder
- 1/4 t baking soda
- 2-4 scoops Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides
- 2-4 T roughly chopped dark chocolate (optional)
- 1 t maca (optional)
- Pre-heat oven to 350F
- Grease/line a small loaf pan with baking/parchment paper and set aside.
- Place all ingredients into a food processor or blender and process until smooth and well combined. You could also do it by hand and mash/stir in a bowl if you prefer.
- Pour banana batter into your prepared loaf pan
- Swirl with extra almond butter.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes until a toothpick has just a few moist crumbs attached when inserted into the center.
- If you feel your banana bread is browning a little quickly, simply cover with foil.
- Slice and enjoy!