Chocolate for breakfast? Count me in! This Baked Oatmeal recipe tastes so much more indulgent than it is and the combination of dark chocolate and blackberries is just too delicious. Trust me: It will be hard to stop at just one piece!
For preparation, just cut it into pieces and store in to-go containers. You can use frozen blackberries or fresh — whatever is more available at that time. It's also fun to put a little bit of dark chocolate shavings on the top to make it appear richer. Alternatives, like a bit of syrup or homemade blackberry sauce, are excellent options too! Then, to up your collagen intake, add in Vital Proteins Dark Chocolate Blackberry Collagen Peptides. It blends really easily and gives this Baked Oatmeal a delicious dark chocolate-berry flavor.
If you're ready to get in on all the goodness for yourself, check out the full tutorial below.
Yields 8 servings
- 3 C quick oats
- 1 1/2 t baking powder
- 1 t cinnamon
- 2 scoops Vital Proteins Dark Chocolate Blackberry Collagen Peptides
- 1 1/2 C milk
- 1/2 C unsweetened applesauce
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 C maple syrup
- 1 C blackberries (fresh or frozen)
- 2 T chopped dark chocolate
1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
2. Mix all ingredients together except for dark chocolate.
3. Spray a baking dish with nonstick spray and pour baked oatmeal batter into the dish.
4. Bake for 40 minutes until oats are fully set and the mixture doesn't contain liquid. Serve and enjoy!