The holiday season is officially behind us, and while we treasure all the decadent goodness December has to offer, we’re really starting to crave something a little lighter this month – like this Shredded Carrot & Beet Salad, a fresh veggie-forward dish that’s packed with flavor.
The accompanying dressing is another way to bring out the delicious flavors this salad recipe has to offer. And to give the add-on an extra boost, I decided to pour in one of our Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides Stick Packs. Not only is it a versatile ingredient in sweet and savory recipes because it’s flavorless and odorless, but it’s also portable and a super easy way to up your collagen intake.
With its combination of carrots, apples and lemon juice, this crisp salad is great to serve on its own or as a side dish for lunch or dinner. Kick off the start of the new year with a salad that’s equal parts pretty and delicious – and effortless to make!
Shredded Carrot & Beet Salad
- 2 beets (peeled, shredded)
- 3 carrots (peeled, shredded)
- 2 apples (shredded, any type works)
- ½ lemon (freshly squeezed)
- ¼ C pumpkin seeds
- ¼ C hemp seeds
- 3 T avocado oil
- 2 T apple cider vinegar
- 2 T honey (melted)
- 1 Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides Stick Pack
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a medium bowl add in the shredded beets, carrots and apples. Mix together until combined evenly. Squeeze in the lemon and add the pumpkin seeds.
- In a separate small bowl, add in the avocado oil, honey, Collagen Peptides, apple cider vinegar, and salt and pepper. Whisk together until combined and drizzle the dressing over the salad.
- Toss together and enjoy!