There aren’t many better childhood memories of food than the classic weekend breakfast of sugary cereal. My personal favorite? Cinnamon Toast Crunch™! Now that I’m older, indulging in it is something I allow myself to do on occasion, but what better than to make a version healthy enough that you can enjoy it whenever you'd like?
This Crunchy Cinnamon Cereal recipe is made using only better-for-you ingredients (many of which may already live in your pantry!), including coconut sugar and Vital Proteins Original Collagen Peptides. I’m a big fan of the latter because it’sthrice as nice as before thanks to the addition of skin-loving hyaluronic acid and vitamin C. The Original Collagen Peptides is a must-add ingredient because it’s flavorless, odorless and easily dissolves in hot and cold liquids. Love!
This collagen recipe is simple to make and hardly takes any cook time. I keep my homemade cereal in a sealed glass jar in the fridge, but it’s open most of the day because I can’t keep from snacking on it! Let’s be real: Is there anything better in this world than breakfast for dinner when your meal is this healthy take on your favorite childhood cereal?
Crunchy Cinnamon Cereal
- 1 C almond flour
- ¼ C coconut flour
- ¾ C coconut sugar
- ¼ C Vital Proteins Original Collagen Peptides
- ½ t salt
- 1 T cinnamon
- 1 egg white
- 2 T coconut oil (melted)
- 2 T butter (melted or soft)
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Place all dry ingredients in a large bowl, and mix together.
- Melt coconut oil and combine with the egg white, stirring together.
- Add the liquid to the dry mixture and stir.
- Using your hands to continue combining, add in the butter and massage into a ball of dough. It should be wet enough that it doesn’t crumble and will form into a ball, but dry enough that it isn’t greasy. Add more butter if the mixture is too dry or not coming together.
- Between two pieces of parchment paper, place the ball of dough and use a rolling pin over the top layer to flatten the dough out into a very thin sheet.
- Peel off the top layer of parchment paper and place the dough facing down on a large baking sheet, then removing the bottom layer of paper.
- Use a pizza cutter or a sharp knife and gently cut vertical and horizontal lines to form squares. Use a fork to poke small holes in the top of each square.
- Sprinkle a small amount of cinnamon and coconut sugar on top, and place in the oven.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes, carefully watching because it will burn quickly after that time period.
- Remove from the oven, let it cool completely before removing or breaking apart, and then devour! Snack by hand or pour yourself a nice cold bowl of cereal!