By: Haley Shaw
Haley Shaw is a wellness specialist and public speaker for her company, Amp Up Fitness. Here, she shares her summer grilling essentials.
Planning on being the host-with-the-most this summer season? How about taking your meal prep outside and grilling your food to make the most of the warmer weather? Good news: Summer BBQs, meal preps, and nights out on the rooftop or deck do not need tons of fancy equipment or complicated recipes. Instead, we came up with some of the top grilling essentials you need this summer, plus a healthy collagen recipe that we’re sure will become your go-to.
To start, we are not here to bore you on the basics; you already know where to find a pair of toppings and a spatula (hopefully!). Do start thinking about what grilling equipment you need to freshen up your get-togethers.
These are our picks for essentials that will take your outdoor party or date night-in up a notch, making it just a little healthier, prettier or more delicious.
Grilling Essentials You Need This Summer
It’s an easy and affordable way to transform whatever space you have. From a tiny patio in the city, to a spacious backyard. Pretty globe string lights naturally brighten and transform your space. Enjoying a burger and mocktail will never look more Instagram-worthy.
If you’re a shish kabob lover like me, making this purchase will change your life. This shish kabob maker rack keeps your meat and vegetables in place. Great to cook for smokers, ovens or grills.
Get yourself a grill set with storage case. This will ensure easy transportation, whether you’re grilling on the rooftop or in your backyard.
Okay, so this isn’t grilling equipment but having Vital Proteins Collagen Water on hand is guaranteed to freshen up your BBQ. Choose from hydrating flavors like Original, Strawberry Lemon, Blueberry Mint, Blackberry Hibiscus and Lemon Ginger and stay cool as you brave the heat with these collagen drinks.
Ready to take on your Fourth of July BBQ party menu? We recommend adding this collagen recipe for turkey burgers to your queue. It calls for Vital Proteins Beef Gelatin, which is the perfect egg substitute since it acts as a binding agent. Happy grilling!
Tropical No-Bun Turkey Burger
Yields 4 servings
- 1 lb. ground turkey
- 1 T coconut aminos
- 1 T Vital Proteins Beef Gelatin
- 1 t minced garlic
- 1 t fresh minced ginger
- 1/2 C zucchini, finely chopped
- 1/2 C mushrooms, finely chopped
- 1 t red pepper flakes
- 1 t fresh parsley
- Avocado slices
- Baby spinach
- Sliced pineapple (grilled)
- In a large bowl, stir together ground turkey, coconut aminos, and Beef Gelatin with a fork.
- Combine garlic, ginger, zucchini, mushrooms, and seasonings with hands or fork until well combined. Separate into 4 portions and form into patty shapes. Set them aside for 8-10 minutes before cooking to ensure Beef Gelatin absorbs thoroughly into patties.
- Place on medium/high heat on outdoor grill. Cook patties to your desired liking.
- While burgers are cooking, slice toppings of choice.
- Make a big salad and enjoy with some sweet potato fries and/or grilled vegetables!