Developed with a team of leading Functional Nutrition experts, Vital Proteins® Professional is a line of supplements centered around bioactive collagen peptides clinically-proven to offer specific, targeted benefits. Here, our Functional Nutrition Expert Olivia Peláez shares the scoop on the new line.
What is Vital Proteins® Professional?
Each product is formulated with additional, research-backed ingredients and available as flavorless, odorless powders which can be easily integrated into your current wellness routine. The portfolio consists of three unique products:
- Daily Foundational Support** ($59; shop now)
- Bone & Joint Support**($59; shop now)
- Skin Hydration & Antioxidant Support** ($59; shop now)
“As a Functional Nutritionist myself, I’m so excited to see these products finally available to our consumers,” Peláez says.
What makes this product line different from other Vital Proteins® Products?
In addition to being developed by a team of leading Functional Nutrition experts, Vital Proteins® Professional products are centered around bioactive collagen peptides clinically-proven to offer specific, targeted benefits.
Plus, each product has additional research-backed, functional ingredients that offer additional benefits.
- BIOACTIVE COLLAGEN COMPLEX Daily Foundational Support** delivers PureWay-C™ Liposomal Vitamin C to support collagen synthesis across tissues.**
- BIOACTIVE COLLAGEN COMPLEX Bone & Joint Support** delivers Mobilee® (with 40mg hyaluronic acid per serving), calcium, vitamin D3, vitamin K2, and PureWay-C™ Liposomal Vitamin C.
- BIOACTIVE COLLAGEN COMPLEX Skin Hydration & Antioxidant Support** is made from Holimel® Melon Juice Concentrate, LycoBeads® Natural Tomato Lycopene, LA1 probiotic, hyaluronic acid, and PureWay-C™ Liposomal Vitamin C.
However, Vital Proteins® Professional products are similar to Vital Proteins® Collagen Peptides in that they are all available as flavorless and odorless powders that can be seamlessly integrated into your daily wellness routine.
What exactly are bioactive collagen peptides?
Bioactive collagen peptides each contain a unique “fingerprint” that can optimally interact with unique cell receptors on various cell types. You can also think of them acting in a ‘lock and key’ configuration. These bioactive collagen peptides’ unique “fingerprint” is carefully achieved via specific enzymes (proteins that break down the collagen into smaller fragments, known as peptides) in the hydrolysis process. The time and temperature of this process is tightly regulated to ensure the same peptide sequence is achieved continuously.
Vital Proteins® Professional products utilize three different types of bioactive collagen peptides:
- Fortibone® contains specific peptides that simultaneously stimulate osteoblasts to counterbalance the collagen degradation in the extracellular bone matrix and reduce osteoclast activity. Fortibone® supports healthy bone mineral density and collagen formation**
- Fortigel® contains specific peptides that stimulate chondrocytes to counterbalance the collagen degradation in the extracellular cartilage matrix. Fortigel® helps maintain optimal joint mobility.**
- Verisol® contains specific peptides that stimulate fibroblast cells in the dermal layer of skin to increase their collagen metabolism and counterbalance the collagen degradation in the dermis. Verisol® reduces appearance of fine lines and wrinkles** and boosts skin elasticity**
What is one unique ingredient that you’re really excited about?
“It’s really hard for me to pick just one when there are so many amazing functional ingredients in these products, but I was most excited to learn about LycoBeads® Natural Tomato Lycopene extract,” Peláez says. It is a carotenoid-rich, antioxidant extract from carefully bred, non-GMO tomatoes that has been shown in clinical studies to increase levels of lycopene in serum and carotenoids in skin.** One serving of LycoBeads® in Vital Proteins® Professional provides the same amount of lycopene as four ripe tomatoes!
Lively fact: In the powder, Lycopene is visible as tiny, dark reddish specks and if mixed with a clear beverage, like water, will turn it light pink!
How do I know which product is right for me?
We’ve created this helpful chart so you can identify which product is best for you! For a full breakdown of the products, you can download our comparison chart here.