These Tasty Chili Stuffed Potato Skins Are Whole30® Compliant
Comfort food does not have to make you feel guilty. Case in point: this Chili Stuffed Potato Skins recipe, which was dreamt up by Cook at Home Mom creator Laura Miner. What makes this Game Day staple such a better-for-you option? In addition to it including Whole30® compliant ingredients, such as Vital Proteins Beef Bone Broth Collagen, this recipe can be tweaked for those following a low-carb or keto diet. “Serve in grilled zucchini boats instead of potato skins and top with shredded cheddar cheese and full fat sour cream,” Miner tells Lively.
Ready to dig in? Check out the recipe below.
Whole30® Chili Stuffed Potato Skins
- 1 lb. ground beef
- ½ lb. mild Italian sausage
- 1 T olive oil
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 onion
- 3 cloves garlic
- 4 scoops Vital Proteins Beef Bone Broth Collagen
- 2 cans diced tomatoes
- 1.5 T chili powder
- 1 T cumin
- ½ t garlic powder
- 1 t salt
- ½ t black pepper
- ⅛ - ¼ t cayenne (optional)
- 6 medium russet potatoes
- 2 T olive oil
- 1 t sea salt
- Paleo sour cream
- Sugar-free pickled onions
- 1 jalapeño, sliced
- Dice the onion, bell pepper, and garlic. Heat the oil in a large, heavy bottomed pot over medium heat.
- Add the onion, bell pepper, and garlic and cook, stirring occasionally for about 5 minutes.
- Add in the ground beef and sausage. Cook it all together for 5-7 minutes, mixing and breaking the meat apart.
- Add the tomatoes, seasonings, and Bone Broth Collagen. Bring the chili to a simmer and cook uncovered, stirring occasionally, for about 45-50 minutes.
- Preheat your oven to 400°F. Wash and dry potatoes, then poke the skins a few times with a fork.
- Lay them on a baking sheet, then drizzle the olive oil and sprinkle a little sea salt on top.
- Bake for 45-55 minutes until cooked through.
- Remove from the oven and wait until at least they’re cool enough to handle. Don’t turn the oven off.
- Cut each potato in half longways. Using a spoon, remove most of the insides and set it aside.
- Spray or rub a little oil on the flesh side of each potato and return them to the oven for another 10 minutes until they’re super crispy.
- Spoon the chili into the potato skins, add toppings and enjoy!