Add This Chicken Pot Pie Soup Recipe To Your Weekend Plans
Growing up, I knew it was the beginning of fall when my mom would make her famous chicken pot pie. The warm, crispy dough and hot chicken filling was more than enough to keep me satisfied. Fast forward years later and I think I’ve found the perfect recipe to make a chicken pot pie that is filled to the brim with organic chicken, vegetables and Vital Proteins Chicken Bone Broth Collagen. There is a twist to this collagen recipe, however. Instead of whipping up the traditional pie, try out this Chicken Pot Pie Soup for a flavor upgrade. It tastes so similar to its classic counterpart, you’ll be adding this fall staple to your regular lunch or dinner menu.
Chicken Pot Pie Soup
Yields 6-8 Chicken Pot Pie Soup servings
- 1 lb. chicken breasts (or 1 lb. rotisserie chicken for convenience)
- 2 medium sweet potatoes
- 6 stalks celery
- 4 large carrots
- 1 lb. riced cauliflower
- 1 medium white onion
- 6 garlic gloves
- 6 C bone broth
- 4 scoops Vital Proteins Chicken Bone Broth Collagen
- Prepare to cook the chicken separately in a large skillet. Start by washing and cutting the chicken into small pieces, then place them in the skillet with avocado oil and cook until no longer pink inside. If desired, add butter to the skillet and lightly brown the chicken.
- While the chicken is cooking, prepare the vegetables by mincing the garlic and onion, and chopping each of the vegetables to the desired size.
- Fill a large pot with about 2 cups of water (this pot will be used to cook the soup, so make sure it’s big enough!), and add all the vegetables, cover with a lid, and cook until the carrots and sweet potatoes are soft.
- Use a strainer or hold the lid over the pot to empty the water out from the vegetables, and add in 6 cups of liquid bone broth. If you don’t have any, you can easily make a quick version by adding the same amount of water and Bone Broth Collagen, but in this recipe, it is added for extra flavor.
- Remove the chicken from the skillet and add it to the pot, along with oregano, thyme, rosemary, pepper, and salt.
- Cover the pot with a lid, allow it to cook down for at least 10 minutes, and serve!
Shop Chicken Bone Broth Collagen