If you're looking for a quick and easy way to spice up your dinner game, these healthy homemade Teriyaki Turkey Burgers are what you’ll want to dig your teeth into!
Although some turkey burgers have a bit of a bad reputation for being dry, this recipe is guaranteed to change your perception of the protein-packed BBQ staple. These healthy, homemade Teriyaki Turkey Burgers are equal parts succulent, sweet and salty, and are packed with an extra sneaky serving of vegetables. This ingredient in particular is enhanced thanks to the addition of Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides, which helps to support stronger hair, skin, nails and joints.** Hello, health and beauty benefits!
Not only are these Teriyaki Turkey Burgers an absolute taste sensation but they’re also quick and easy to prepare since they’re made using just a handful of ingredients that are likely hanging out in your kitchen right now. This meal quickly comes together in less than 30 minutes, but if you’re running low on time, make them ahead. They’re totally meal prep friendly.
Serve these turkey burger patties on top of crisp lettuce leaves, on your favorite tortilla, or place them inside a lightly toasted, gluten-free bun for a real treat!
Healthy Teriyaki Turkey Burgers
Yields 4 Teriyaki Turkey Burgers
- 1-lb. ground turkey
- 1 medium-size zucchini, grated and squeezed of excess moisture
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 t freshly grated ginger
- 1 T maple syrup (can swap with honey or a finely chopped medjool date)
- 1 T coconut aminos
- 1 T pineapple juice
- 1 T coconut flour
- 1 t salt flakes
- 1/2 t black pepper
- 2-4 scoops Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides
Additional Ingredients for Serving:
- Romaine lettuce
- Purple cabbage, finely sliced
- Fresh dill, finely sliced
- Pineapple-Jalapeño salsa
- 10 Minute - Asian Style BBQ Sauce
- Place all your burger ingredients into medium-size bowl and stir to combine.
- Use your hands to shape the mixture into 4 even-sized burger patties and set aside.
- Place a frying pan or skillet over medium-high heat and coat with a little coconut, olive oil, or ghee.
- Cook each burger for 2-3 minutes each side. Repeat until all burgers have been cooked. Set aside to rest.
- To serve, place each burger into a couple of romaine lettuce leaves, top with shaved purple cabbage, followed by a heaping spoonful of pineapple-jalapeño salsa, a few chunks of creamy avocado, a little extra chili, a sprinkling of fresh cilantro, and a drizzle of BBQ sauce. Enjoy!