Celebrate National Burger Day With This Juicy Collagen Recipe
Happy National Burger Day! It’s time to celebrate this important holiday and unofficial start of the summer with this fresh, juicy Burger recipe, which might just be the best one out there. Simply flavored with all seasonings, salt, and a bit of coconut aminos for a nice char on the outside, these cheeseburgers are moist and tasty. We also added 1 scoop of Vital Proteins Beef Gelatin, which acts as a binding agent for the ground beef.
After marinating and cooking your patty, top off your collagen-infused Burger with ripe avocado, tomato, a fried egg, and our Zesty Fry Sauce.
Best Burger Recipe
Yields 4 ¼-lb. burgers
- 1 lb. grass-fed ground beef
- 2 t all seasons salt
- 2 T coconut aminos or gluten-free tamarin sauce
- 1 scoop Vital Proteins Beef Gelatin
- 4 raw cheddar cheese slices (optional)
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1 large tomato, sliced
- 4 eggs, fried to desired doneness
- Lettuce cups or buns, for serving
Zesty Fry Sauce, for topping
- In a large bowl, stir together the ground beef, all seasons salt, coconut aminos, and Beef Gelatin with a fork.
- Separate the beef into 4 portions and form them into patty shapes. Set them aside to rest 10 minutes before cooking.
- Heat a large skillet (you can also use an outdoor grill) over medium heat. Cook the patties to your desired doneness.
- Top with the sliced cheddar toward the end of the cooking time, if using.
- While the burgers are cooking, slice up the avocado and tomato and fry up the eggs.
- Assemble the burgers over lettuce cups or buns and top with our collagen recipe for Zesty Fry Sauce.
Shop Beef Gelatin