When the chilly weather starts, it’s time for warm baked goods to fill our kitchens. Whether you’re craving something festive for this time of year, want your home to smell like the holidays or are simply looking for a sweet dessert, this Snickerdoodle Mug Cake is bound to do the trick! Calling for only 8 ingredients, this recipe is as simple as it comes. Plus, the entire treat is made in the microwave in only 2 minutes!
Wondering what makes up this delicious treat? Some of the good-for-you ingredients you will find in this recipe are oat flour for fiber, honey for sweetness and Vital Proteins® Marine Collagen Peptides ($39; shop now) for added hair, skin, nail, bone and joint support.**^
Whether you’re looking for a fun treat to make with the family or are searching for the perfect solo treat—this recipe is your one-stop shop to it all!
Snickerdoodle Mug Cake
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp unsweetened apple sauce
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ cup oat flour
- 1 serving Vital Proteins® Marine Collagen Peptides
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- powdered sugar & cinnamon (for topping)
- Add the wet ingredients to a bowl and mix until well combined.
- Add the dry ingredients to the mixture and combine until an even batter forms.
- Spray the inside of a mug with cooking spray.
- Pour the batter into the bottom of the mug.
- Microwave the cup for 2 minutes, stopping half way through for a few seconds to avoid overflowing.
- Flip the cake onto a plate, topping with powdered sugar and cinnamon, or enjoy the cake straight from the cup!