Move over, mashed potatoes! This holiday season just got easier and more delicious with these simple hasselback potatoes, arguably one of the best way to prepare a potato side dish. They are infused with a delicious rosemary garlic oil, which gives each slice of potato a flavorful bite.
The best part about these fancy hasselback potatoes is while they look fancy, they are actually easy to prepare for a holiday function. In just under an hour, you can bake up to 8 potatoes, and by doubling the recipe you can feed a full dinner party. It is a great side dish to prepare as you make other holiday foods, as once they are prepped, you simply pop them in the oven to bake. You can use any potato that you would like, but I find that the russet potatoes are easier to prep and hold more toppings on top. Read on for the recipe!
Rosemary Hasselback Potatoes
Yields 6-8 servings.
- 6-8 Russet potatoes
- 1/2 C olive oil
- 2 scoops Collagen Peptides
- 1 garlic clove (minced)
- 1 T rosemary
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
- 4 slices of bacon (cooked and crumbled)
- 2 T green onion
- 1/3 C sour cream
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees and lightly oil a cast iron skillet or baking sheet with tin foil.
- Begin by cutting the potatoes parallel, stopping just before you cut through completely so that the potatoes stay intact. (Space the slices about 1/8 to 1/4 inch apart.)
- Once finished, place the potatoes on the cast iron skillet or baking sheet and begin to make the mixture to brush on top.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, Collagen Peptides, minced garlic, rosemary and salt and pepper.
Vital Tip: If the collagen begins to bind, it will melt and dissolve when the potatoes bake.
- Brush each potato with the garlic oil and spread generously on top, until each potato is covered.
- Bake in the oven for 50-60 minutes and remove once golden brown. Add sour cream, crumbles bacon bits and green onion on top for more flavor. Enjoy!