This time of year, we head straight to the kitchen to whip up treats that fill our homes with warmth and sweet scents. These Gingerbread Cookies are a must-have on this year’s holiday agenda. Plus, they’re guaranteed to make your house smell like cinnamon heaven!
The recipe includes a ton of good-for you ingredients and Vital Performance™ Vanilla Protein ($29.99; shop now) for a boost of protein! Don’t let the healthy ingredients fool you though—these cookies have that classic gingerbread taste and that crisp, crunchy texture you dream of.
Simply grab a bowl and the minimal ingredients listed below to get started! Since this recipe is a holiday classic, you could even prep the dough in advance to pop in the oven and impress any unexpected guests with fresh cookies. Let’s be real though- we could always go for a fresh batch of homemade Gingerbread Cookies, whether we are hosting or just hanging out at home!
Yields a dozen cookies.
- 1 C oat flour
- 2 scoops Vital Performance™ Vanilla Protein
- ½ t baking powder
- 1 egg
- ⅓ C coconut sugar
- ⅓ C coconut oil
- 1 ½ T cinnamon
- 1 T ginger
- ½ t nutmeg
- dash of salt
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk the egg, coconut oil and coconut sugar.
Lively tip: If your coconut oil is solid, microwave for 5–10 seconds, ensuring it’s not hot when combining.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the bowl, mixing until smooth.
- Roll the dough into a ball and place on a piece of parchment paper. Fold the parchment paper over the dough, pressing down to flatten into an oval no higher than ~1 inch thick.
- Wrap dough in parchment paper and refrigerate overnight (or for a minimum of one hour).
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and remove the dough from the refrigerator.
- Let the dough sit out for ~5 minutes, then roll it out to ~½ inch thick in between two pieces of parchment paper.
- Use a cookie cutter to cut the dough into gingerbread people, placing them onto a lightly greased parchment paper-lined cookie sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes and decorate once cool.