As the weather begins to chill and the snow starts to fall, we naturally gravitate toward the kitchen to whip up something sweet, warm and festive. This time around, we are making Snowman & Snowflake Sugar Cookies—because why not bring a little bit of the winter beauty inside! Plus, decorating these cute treats is a fun activity everyone in your house can help with!
Curious what makes this recipe so delicious? Some of the key ingredients include oat flour which creates the perfect base, coconut oil for that just-right crunchy texture and Vital Proteins Collagen Creamer® in Vanilla ($31; shop now) for all of the flavor. It's responsible for that sweet vanilla flavor you'll get in each bite!
This is a one-bowl recipe, so grab a whisk (or a fork will do) and let's get started! These festive cookies are bound to put a smile on everyone's faces this holiday.
Snowman & Snowflake Sugar Cookies
Yields ~ a dozen cookies
- 1 C oat flour
- 2 scoops Collagen Creamer in Vanilla
- ½ t baking powder
- 1 egg
- ⅓ C coconut sugar
- ⅓ C room temperature coconut oil (liquid or melted)
- ¼ t cinnamon
- ¼ t salt
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk the egg, coconut oil and coconut sugar.
Vital Tip: If your coconut oil is solid, microwave for 5-10 seconds, ensuring it is not hot when combining.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the bowl, mixing until smooth.
- Roll the dough into a ball and place on a piece of parchment paper. Fold the parchment paper over the dough, pressing down to flatten into an oval no higher than ~1 inch thick.
- Refrigerate overnight or for a minimum of one hour, wrapped in parchment paper.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F while removing the dough from the refrigerator.
- Let the dough sit out for ~5 minutes before rolling it out to ~½ inch thick in between two pieces of parchment paper.
- Use cookie cutters to cut the dough into snowmen and snowflakes, placing them onto a lightly greased parchment paper-lined cookie sheet.
- Bake for 12–15 minutes and decorate once cool. Enjoy!