Chances are you haven’t finalized your Thanksgiving dinner menu just yet. To make your life a little easier, I wanted to share a super easy take on a classic side dish that should take about 25 minutes to make.
Growing up, brussels sprouts were at the bottom of my “favorite vegetables” list. As I grew older and started experimenting more in the kitchen with different recipes, I found that they really weren’t all that bad – especially if you dress them up in something delicious (i.e. flavorful ingredients).
These Roasted Brussels Sprouts pair perfectly with bacon and crunchy pecans. My favorite part about this brussels sprouts dish is that it requires minimal prep work and they still come out of the oven fresh and crispy. They definitely add a balance of flavors to the plate surrounded by mashed potatoes, turkey and homemade gravy.
Although brussels sprouts are packed with nutrients, I added two scoops of Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides to the mix for an easy way to boost your collagen intake. Collagen Peptides have become a staple in my household and we add a scoop to almost all of our recipes. It easily dissolves in hot and cold liquids and is flavorless and odorless, making it a must-add to sweet and savory creation.
Why add collagen? As we age, our body’s natural collagen production begins to decline. This is why we recommend incorporating hydrolyzed collagen to your diet since collagen helps support healthy hair, skin, nails and joints**.
Ready to deliciously enter the holiday season? Let these crispy brussels sprouts help you celebrate in savory style.
Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Bacon
Yields 4-5 servings
- 1 lb. brussels sprouts (halved)
- 4 slices bacon (sliced)
- 1 garlic clove (minced)
- 2 T avocado oil
- 1/3 C pecans (chopped)
- 1 T fresh parsley
- 2 scoops Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add brussels sprouts into a bowl and toss with the oil, Collagen Peptides, chopped pecans, garlic, and salt and pepper.
- Add the brussels sprouts and pecans onto the lined baking sheet and add the bacon.
- Roast in the oven for 15-20 minutes and flip halfway.
- Remove from the oven, add fresh parsley and enjoy!