One of the most important parts of working out, for me, is nourishing my body with a post workout collagen smoothie. It is so important to fuel our bodies with nutrients, proteins and fats. That’s why I love whipping up this Dark Cherry Smoothie Bowl! Not only is this post workout smoothie pretty and delicious, but it’s also so easy to make and contains our best-selling Vital Proteins Chocolate Cherry Almond Collagen Latte. All you need to do is throw in a handful of nutrient-dense foods into a blender, pour them into a bowl and enjoy!
Post Workout Dark Cherry Smoothie Bowl
Yields 1 post workout smoothie
- 2 C frozen cherries (pit removed)
- 2 frozen bananas
- 1 T almond butter
- 1 T coconut oil
- 2 scoops Vital Proteins Chocolate Cherry Almond Collagen Latte
- 1 T ground flaxseed
- 1 t cinnamon
- Coconut flakes
- Seeds or nuts
- Dark chocolate chips
- If your cherries are fresh from the garden or market, make sure that you remove the pit and stem, then transfer cherries into a bowl and freeze for up to 24 hours.
- Blend ingredients on high until smooth.
- Transfer the smoothie into a bowl and add toppings of choice. Enjoy!