Can’t get enough of our collagen donuts? You may want to sit down for the sweetest recipe of the week: Coffee Cake Donuts!
This is a baked version that is beyond satisfying and sure to crush your donut cravings. This recipe is simple enough so you can whip up a recipe that feeds a couple of friends without having to worry about leftovers going stale. This is the perfect early-morning or light-afternoon treat, and if you’re a big fan of either donuts or coffee, then you will absolutely love the dreamy combination of these two – with the addition of our best-selling Vital Proteins Collagen Creamer® in Mocha.
Coffee Cake Donuts
Yields 6 donuts
- 2 T ground instant coffee
- 1½ C gluten-free baking flour (or all-purpose)
- 1 t baking powder
- ¼ t salt
- 1 egg
- ½ C coconut sugar
- ¼ C coconut milk
- ¼ C coconut oil
- 1 t vanilla extract
- 2 scoops Vital Proteins Collagen Creamer® in Mocha
- ¼ stick butter (refrigerated)
- ¼ C coconut sugar
- 3½ T paleo baking flour
- 1 t cinnamon
Optional Glaze Ingredients:
- ¼ C warm coconut milk
- 1 T ground instant coffee
- ½ t vanilla extract
- 2 C powdered sugar
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Lightly grease a donut pan with coconut oil.
- In a small bowl, dissolve the coffee granules in 1/4 C of hot water. Set aside.
- Whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the egg and coconut sugar until combined. Add the coconut milk, oil, vanilla, and coffee. Whisk until combined.
- Add the dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared doughnut pan, filling almost to the top. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Allow to cool for 5-10 minutes before transferring them to cool completely.
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor and pulse until crumbly. Apply to donuts.
- Combine all ingredients in a small bowl and whisk gently until smooth.