Ready for your morning workout but in need of some quick fuel? We have you covered with these nutrient-packed Pre-Workout Energy Bites!
These snack-sized treats are filled with good-for-you ingredients to keep you fueled and ready for your sweat session ahead. The collagen recipe includes almond butter for healthy fats and superfoods like chia and flaxseed to kick the morning off with some fiber! We also included cacao nibs for the perfect crunch, as well as the option to add honey for some sweetness.
Each pre-workout snack bite includes Vital Proteins® Collagen Peptides to sneak in some additional benefits before your workout even begins! You can also use Vital Performance™ Vanilla Protein. (Have we mentioned this recipe has it all?)
Better yet, all ingredients are gluten and dairy-free making them perfect for those with any sensitivities. Have a friend or a virtual workout buddy who would enjoy a pre workout snack? Share the recipe and you can kick off your routine on the same foot!
Pre Workout Energy Bites Recipe
Yields 16 Balls
- 1 C almond butter
- ½ C gluten-free rolled oats
- 4 T ground flaxseed
- 4 T chia seed
- 4 T cacao nibs
- ¼ C + 2 T almond flour
- 2 T honey (optional)
- 1 scoop Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides or 2 scoops Vital Performance™ Vanilla Protein
- Pour almond butter into a medium-sized mixing bowl.
- Add one ingredient at a time, stirring until well integrated. Once one ingredient is fully mixed in, continue to add the next.
- Once well combined, roll into spheres and place on a piece of parchment paper or in a container.
- Store the bites in the fridge to keep them cool and easy to access.
**Tip: If the almond butter used is too runny, the batter may be runny. Refrigerate the batter for 30 minutes, before rolling into spheres if needed.