Lets taco 'bout this delicious spaghetti squash taco bowl. Summer is ending and the school year is just about to begin. While we all have been adjusting to a new routine and lifestyle, we are about to enter another new routine with kids (or adults) going back to school.
It's important that we maintain a healthy balance of work, life and health, and I find that we can begin by starting with the meals we prepare. When we're in a rush from work or preparing for your kids to get to school, it may be appealing to go through a drive-thru or throw something that’s in a box together.
This Spaghetti Squash Taco recipe — packed with nutrient-dense vegetables, protein and Vital Proteins® Beef Bone Broth Collagen — is simple and delicious to make. It requires minimal steps and you can put it together in less than an hour. It can also be a fun activity for the family to enjoy since there is a list of different toppings to choose from. While the spaghetti squash is in the oven for 45 minutes, you can even take this time to sit down and relax on the deck, prepare the vegetables or even fit in 30 minutes of downtime before the evening gets busy!
As we get into a new routine with the school year starting, give this quick and easy weeknight dinner recipe a try!
Spaghetti Squash Taco Bowl Recipe
Yields 4 Servings
- 1 spaghetti squash (seeds removed)
- 2 lbs. ground beef
- 4 T avocado oil (divided)
- 2 T chili powder
- 1 T garlic powder
- 2 scoops Vital Proteins Beef Bone Broth Collagen
- 1 avocado (pit removed, skin peeled, cubed)
- 1 C cherry tomatoes (cut in half)
- 1 red bell pepper (diced)
- 1 red onion (diced)
- 2 jalapeños (sliced)
- 1/4 C cilantro (chopped)
- 1 lime (sliced)
- 1/4 C green onion
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Cut the spaghetti squash in half and drizzle half of the avocado oil on the flesh and sprinkle some salt and pepper over top. Bake in the oven for 45 minutes.
- Chop the vegetables and herbs and set aside until prepping the bowls.
- Add the other half of the oil into a cooking pan and cook over medium heat. Add in the ground beef, chili powder, garlic powder and Beef Bone Broth Collagen. Cook on medium for 5-10 minutes or until meat is cooked through.
- Remove the spaghetti squash from the oven and pull apart with a fork until it looks like stringy spaghetti.
- Divide into bowls and top with ground beef mixture, vegetable toppings and enjoy!