"Have I told you lately how matcha I love you?" This corny joke is how I got my husband to try this smoothie (see my recipe below). He had tried matcha at our local health food café and wasn't a fan.
"This matcha tastes like peaches," I promised as I handed over a green-filled glass. He was skeptical until he tasted it. Consider him a matcha convert, but only for this collagen smoothie (so far).
I've been a fan of matcha for a long time, so I was thrilled when Vital Proteins® came up with a blend. Matcha is made from powdered green tea leaves and is full of antioxidants. Matcha does have caffeine, but it also boasts L-theanine, an amino acid that helps deliver an "alert calm."
Vital Proteins has both plain and peach Vital Proteins® Matcha Collagen ($49; shop now on vitalproteins.com) flavors, and I find the peach version along with the Vital Proteins Collagen Creamer® in Coconut ($29; shop now on vitalproteins.com) is absolutely perfect in a smoothie.
Peach Matcha Smoothie Recipe
2 servings of Peach Matcha SmoothieIngredients:
- 1 C unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 C frozen peach slices
- 1 scoop Vital Proteins® Matcha Collagen
- 1 scoop Vital Proteins® Collagen Creamer in Coconut
- 1/2 medium Haas avocado
- 2 t raw honey
- Combine the almond milk, frozen peach slices, Matcha Collagen, Vital Proteins Collagen Creamer®, avocado and honey a high-speed blender.
- Process on high until ingredients are combined (about 45 seconds). Serve immediately.