We're calling it now: This Cashew Cheese Stuffed Mushroom recipe is the app of 2021! Not only are they a delicious way to welcome the new year, but these bite-sized mushrooms are packed with standout ingredients to help you live a fuller, more vibrant life with every serving. The cashews and nutritional yeast provide a soft, cheesy flavor to satisfy avid cheese lovers who are looking for dairy-free alternatives.
Additionally, this recipe is made even more special thanks to the two scoops of Vital Proteins® Collagen Peptides. Unflavored and odorless, this collagen powder is easily the most versatile offering in the VP family. The blue tub is a favorite for a reason! Just add to your favorite beverages or food, mix & enjoy!
I always recommend enjoying these Cashew Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms as soon as they come out of the oven while they're still warm and soft. Have leftovers? Turn it into a dip for crackers and raw veggies.
Cashew Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms
- 16 oz. cremini mushrooms
- ¼ C avocado (divided)
- 1 C cashews (soaked in hot water)
- 1/3 C nutritional yeast
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 scoops Vital Proteins® Collagen Peptides
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 T green onion (chopped)
- 1 t black sesame seeds
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Remove stems from mushrooms and place the mushrooms in a baking dish.
- Drizzle half of the avocado oil onto the mushrooms and bake in the oven for 10-12 minutes.
- While the mushrooms are baking, add the other half of the avocado, cashews, nutritional yeast, garlic cloves, collagen and salt and pepper to a food processor or blender. Blend until smooth and well-combined.
- Remove the mushrooms from the oven and add the "cheese" filling into the mushroom caps. Bake the mushrooms in the oven for an additional 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven, top with green onion and sesame seeds. Enjoy!