Mexican Street Corn Salad features that sweet and savory combination we all crave in a seasonal meal. Pair that flavor duo with a refreshing kick of cilantro for summer vibes with every crunch.
When it comes to making Mexican-inspired foods, I love incorporating lime juice, cilantro and chili powder. This recipe in particular combines all three ingredients with Vital Proteins® Original Collagen Peptides ($25; shop now on vitalproteins.com), an unflavored and odorless collagen powder that helps support healthy hair, skin, nails and joints when used as part of a daily wellness regimen.** This Mexican Street Corn Salad is delicious on its own, when paired with a protein (we’re big fans of chicken or shrimp!) or when served as a hearty side dish.
Ready to add a little spring to your lunch menu? Keep scrolling for the full recipe.
Mexican Street Corn Salad
Yields 4 servings
- 1/3 C sour cream
- ¼ C mayonnaise
- 1 T avocado oil
- 1 lime (juiced)
- 1 t chili powder
- ¼ t cumin
- 1 scoop Vital Proteins® Original Collagen Peptides
- Salt and pepper
- 3 C kernelled corn (cooked)
- 1 red bell pepper (chopped)
- 1 red onion (chopped)
- 1 jalapeño pepper (chopped)
- 3 C spinach and arugula
- 2 T cilantro (chopped)
- ½ C cojita cheese
- In a bowl, add in all of the dressing ingredients into a bowl and mix together.
- In a separate bowl, add in all the dry salad ingredients, cojita cheese and cilantro, and mix until combined.
- Add the dressing into the salad bowl with chopped vegetables and mix until everything is evenly distributed.
- Top with more cheese and cilantro and serve on salad bowls.