As the weather warms up and more sunlight streams inside, a whole new level of inspiration hits our kitchens. Now that springtime is here, it's time to utilize fresh produce in all your recipes. This refreshing dessert was made with that berry much in mind. If a Coconut Fruit Tart, filled with three amazing layers (and your collagen fix via Vital Proteins Collagen Creamer® in Coconut) — each even better than the next — doesn't sell you, the fact that it's also no-bake will.
In addition to the flavors, the texture of the sweet, chewy graham cracker and coconut crust perfectly complements the fluffy cheesecake filling. We added both coconut shreds and Collagen Creamer™ supplement in Coconut ($29; shop now on vitalproteins.com) to the filling to boost the flavor, plus increase your daily collagen intake!
Besides being incredibly delicious, this eye-catching berry topping is actually super simple and makes even first-time bakers look like a total pro at dessert decoration. Simply grab your favorite fruit, slice and decorate until the full surface is covered.
You're bound to impress all of your friends and family with this new creation! (Did we mention it's no-bake?) Let's dive in!
Coconut Fruit Tart
Yields 1 fruit tart (about 8 servings)
- 8 graham crackers
- ½ C almond flour
- ¼ C coconut oil
- ⅓ C honey
- 2 T coconut shreds
- 1 container dairy-free of cream cheese (8 oz.)
- ¼ C + 2 T powdered monk fruit sweetener or powdered sugar
- 3 scoops Vital Proteins Collagen Creamer® in Coconut
- ¼ C almond flour
- ½ C coconut shreds
- Fresh berries
- Blend the dry crust ingredients in a food processor.
- Once the ingredients form a crumb-like consistency, add the remaining ingredients, and mix until combined.
- Pour the mixture into your pie pan and press to cover the entire surface (including edges).
- Refrigerate the crust while you make the filling.
- To make the filling, add all filling ingredients to the food-processor and mix.
- Pour the fluffy mixture into the crust mold and spread to fill the surface.
- Slice your fruit/berries of choice and cover the entire tart.
- Refrigerate for one hour, then enjoy!